Learning Enhancement Adjunct Faculty
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 04/25/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleLearning Enhancement Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentFamily & Human Studies
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date08/20/2010
Open Until FilledNo
To teach Learning Enhancement.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Answer student questions and provide necessary feedback on student progress.
5. Supports department assessment initiatives.
6. Meeets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
7. Completes all required trainings.
8. Demonstrate and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
9. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
Experience teaching adults strongly preferred
Master’s degree in special education, educational psychology, counseling/advising, adult education, or closely related field strongly preferred.
Minimum three years teaching experience in K-12 or college setting.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.