Position TitleBusiness Law and HR Law, Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentBusiness Management (School of Business)-2D3
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date03/22/2010
Open Until FilledNo
Under general supervision, teach Business Law, Employment Law and other related business courses to community college students. May be assigned to any SLCC location.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Effectively prepare and teach classes to facilitate student learning.
2. Assess and maintain records of student performance.
3. Develop, distribute, and adhere to current course outlines and/or syllabi.
4. Attend required training and department meetings, as invited.
5. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to Division, School, and College mission and values.
6. Maintain a supportive attitude toward work, students, colleagues, and administration.
7. Demonstrate depth of understanding in the labor law discipline.
8. Support College policies.
9. Other job related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Master’s degree in management from an accredited college or university, OR
2. Master’s degree in closely related field, AND
3. Verification of completion of degree requirements by time of employment with official transcripts, AND
4. Demonstrated knowledge in business law and/or employment law.
1. Three (3) years non-teaching full-time (or full-time equivalent) work experience in labor law or related field.
2. College level teaching/corporate training experience.
3. Knowledge and experience in technology-enhanced instruction.
4. Technologically literate and innovative.
Please attach resume or curriculum vitae, copy of transcripts, or other documents for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
This is a pooled position and the department will review applications when positions become available.
Please contact the Division of Business Management and Marketing at 801-957-4475 for more information.