Faculty Part Time - Paralegal/Business Law 072016
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Faculty-Law And Legal Studies
- Posting Date: 04/25/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Paralegal/Business Law 072016
DepartmentPublic Safety and Law
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time. Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary commensurate with degree.
- J.D. Degree or LLB Degree.
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level in the area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent of relevant teaching experience.
- Extent of undergraduate/graduate educational preparation in areas relevant to anticipated course assignments.
- Extent of experience in, or potential for working effectively with a diverse, multi-ethnic student population.
- Extent of scope and diversity of content areas in which teaching assignments can be undertaken.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the college. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.