Position TitleHealth Sciences Success/Retention Coach
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$25.66 - $28.23/Hourly
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Job Description Summary
Provides additional discipline specific support with retention strategies (e.g. recruiting and coordinating speakers for professional presentations, arranging practice exam sessions, and developing strategies) and providing group or one-on-one sessions with students to assist with critical reading, study, or test-taking skills to increase student/program completion rates and increase technical skill attainment rates.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus certification/licensure in one of the health sciences disciplines (i.e., Paramedic, Nuclear Medicine, Health Information Management, Nursing, Radiography, Respiratory Therapy, Medical Assisting, and Surgical Technology) offered at Prince George’s Community College.
- Equivalent formal training in clinical practice area or a related field including prior teaching experience in a clinical or academic setting totaling five years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of health careers and related job opportunities.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy & physiology, medical terminology, medical math including dosage calculation and administration, medical & professional ethics, and cultural competency in healthcare.
- Working knowledge of careers options in health sciences.
- Experience with human patient simulator(s) operation, preferred.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Working knowledge with computer hardware and software programs.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Posting NumberPGCC13911/12 GFF4
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is grant funded through June 30, 2017 with an option for renewal.