Position TitlePlanning for Academic Success
DepartmentLearning Foundations - CAP Instruction
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSALARY COMMENSURATE WITH DEGREE
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary commensurate with degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching experience at the college, high school, or adult population level or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- Extent and relevance of undergraduate and graduate educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and ratings, awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of knowledge of and experience in employing instructional methods and techniques appropriate to different student learning styles.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
- Evidence of readiness and/or willingness to use technology in the classroom.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- List times of teaching availability: days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes