Temporary, Part-Time Instructor (Aviation Maintenance Technology)
- Peralta Community College District
- Location: Alameda, California
- Category: Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Aviation
- Posting Date: 04/25/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
College of Alameda
College of Alameda’s mission is to meet the educational needs of its multicultural and diverse community by providing excellent comprehensive and flexible programs including basic skills, transfer, and occupational, which will enable each student to achieve his/her own unique goals.
The College is California’s only island-based community college and it offers both park-like tranquility and easy access to urban resources. Having served almost half a million day, evening and weekend students since its 1970 founding, College of Alameda enjoys a well-deserved reputation for excellence in its academic, vocational, and student support programs. The College of Alameda is proud of its strong ties to the City of Alameda and is recognized for its strong partnerships with the local business community.
Job TitleTemporary, Part-Time Instructor (Aviation Maintenance Technology)
Time BaseTemporary, as Needed
CompensationRanges from $43.81 - $92.55/hour. Salary placement based on education, experience and other provisions outlined in the District's agreement with the Peralta Federation of Teachers.
The Peralta Community College District offers a number of voluntary fringe benefits to temporary, part-time faculty, including the ability to subscribe for medical and dental insurance in the District’s group coverage program and sick leave under certain conditions.
DepartmentHuman Resources-Personnel (135)
Job Description Summary
The Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor teaches both overhaul repair and maintenance of aircraft structures, systems, power plants and avionics. The Aviation Maintenance Technology Program provides an opportunity for students to qualify for the air-frame and power plant license.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Peralta Community College District invites applications for our Temporary, Part-Time Faculty pool in the following disciplines:
AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY
1. Possession of any Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university AND
two (2) years of experience in Aviation Maintenance Technology AND a current F.A.A. license in Air Frame and Power Plant Mechanics;
2. Possession of any Associate Degree from an accredited college or university AND
six (6) years of experience in Aviation Maintenance Technology AND a current F.A.A. license in Air Frame and Power Plant Mechanics;
4. May submit a fully satisfied lifetime California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing service to teach courses in Aviation Maintenance Technology.
(California credentials were no longer issued after July 1, 1990).
5. The equivalent qualifications.
(Candidates who claim equivalency must provide conclusive evidence, as clear and reliable on the college transcripts as required on the District Equivalency Application Form. Refer to the Equivalency Procedures below. This is not a process to waive the minimum qualifications.)
6. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• One (1) to three (3) years recent full-time or part-time instructional experience in aviation maintenance.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of all levels in an Aviation Maintenance Technology Program.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of FAA regulations and requirements for licenses and certificates.
• Two (2) years of recent full-time teaching experience at the community college or university level.
• Experience in the area of relations-building within the community that promotes service learning, work experience, internships and civic engagement.
The minimum qualifications for academic disciplines taught in California Community Colleges are outlined in the document at this link: http://californiacommunitycolleges.cccco.edu/Portals/0/FlipBooks/2014_MQHandbook/#/0.
For non-Master’s degree disciplines, please note that the District requires two years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience with an Associate’s degree.
Application Deadline DateApplications reviewed, as needed.