Faculty Part Time - Biology 072016
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Faculty-Science-Biology
- Posting Date: 04/28/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Biology 072016
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings in General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Environmental Biology, Forensic Biology, and Microbiology, Salary commensurate w/degree.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent* with a minimum of 15 graduate credits in Biological Sciences. (*Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may, at the discretion of the vice president, be determined to meet this requirement.)
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level in Biology.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent of relevant teaching experience to anticipated assignments.
- Extent of educational preparation in areas relevant to anticipated course assignments.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent of currency in discipline: continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
- Extent of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the college. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.