Systems Administrator - CRM (Salesforce)
- San Mateo County Community College District
- Location: San Mateo, California
- Category: Admin-Sales
- Posting Date: 04/30/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSystems Administrator - CRM (Salesforce)
DepartmentITS DIST (DEPT)
Percentage of Full Time100%
FLSANon-Exempt (accrues overtime)
Months per Year12
Min Salary$97,056 (annual)
Max Salary$123,888 (annual)
Position TypeAdministrative/Supervisory Positions
Who We Are
The San Mateo County Community District is committed to achieving educational equity for all students. As outlined in the District’s Strategic Plan, “success, equity, and social justice for our students are longstanding goals.” The District’s “Students First” Strategic Plan is focused on “Student Success, Equity and Social Justice.” We provide students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences — emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders. When you join our team at San Mateo County Community College District, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners.
The College and the District
San Mateo County Community College District is home to Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. All three of our colleges have been designated as Hispanic Serving Institutions. The District enrolls approximately 23,000 students, the majority of whom are from minoritized populations. Of the students within the District, 2.8% are African-American, 0.2% are American Indian, 16.4% are Asian, 10.4% are Filipino, 24.6% are Latinx, 1.6% are Pacific Islander, 24.0% are White, 17.8% Multi-Ethnic, and 2.2% are unknown.
Who We Want
We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional educational community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. The San Mateo County Community District seeks employees who value mentorship and working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve their educational goals.
The CRM Systems Administrator performs professional technical work to ensure integrity, reliability and maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the Salesforce system. The person in this position will be someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly. This person will serve as the “go to” for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. Additionally, the Administrator will perform basic updates, such as add/delete users, and adding basic custom fields.
A high degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to resolve many minor and major problems when they occur. Public contact is moderate to extensive, primarily with staff, and for the purpose of providing technical assistance and advice.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the duties of the classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
1. Grant/remove and maintain user licenses
2. Maintain security, including sharing rules and security levels
3. Design, create, and maintain user roles, profiles, and hierarchies
4. Perform daily administration and support of Salesforce, including, but not limited to creating/managing customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validations, workflow and approval rules, sharing rules, permission sets, and triggers
5. Build reports and dashboards that provide real time insight into operations
6. Lead and maintain data integrations with 3rd party software used across the business
7. Work with internal customers to understand their needs, identify the problem, and direct them to the proper solution or provide instructions for self-help
8. Act as subject-matter expert for Salesforce and seek out ways to utilize CRM to improve processes and productivity and make recommendations to support a program scaling
9. Communicate effectively with staff at all levels throughout the colleges and District Office regarding major technology initiatives
10. Assist in training of new users and grow the salesforce.com skill set across the organization
11. Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the application development teams
12. Perform other related duties as assigned
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of a Baccalaureate degree with a major related to computer science or information systems
• Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. 3 to 5 years of Salesforce administration experience
2. 3 to 5 years of system administration or end user support experience in an IT environment
3. Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
4. Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools, including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality
5. Previous experience updating an existing salesforce.com configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows, and enhanced functions
6. Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
8. Team player with positive “can-do” attitude
9. Great communication skills with enthusiastic personality
10. Strong problem solving skills
11. Strong data management abilities
12. Proven ability to work with persons of varying cultures and backgrounds
This classification requires sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, touch screen and mouse in order to perform the essential functions.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Optional tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans are also available.
First Review Date02/18/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions Summary
Required Application Materials
All applicants are required to submit:
1. A completed online District application form (go to https://jobs.smccd.edu to complete the application and to apply for this position).
2. A resume that details all relevant education, training, and other work experience.
3. A cover letter of no more than 3 pages that addresses the applicant’s cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff as well as the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements, knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in this announcement.
Candidates for interview will be selected from among those who most closely meet the requirements and knowledge, skills and abilities. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. As part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to demonstrate job-related knowledge and skills.
For questions related to this posting, please contact:
SMCCCD Office of Human Resources
3401 CSM Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402
Tel.: (650) 574-6555
Web Page: www.smccd.edu/hr
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete the following:
1. Submit official transcripts (applies to all faculty or educational administrative positions)
2. Submit verifications of prior employment
3. Satisfactory references
4. Successfully being cleared for employment through the background checking process
5. Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States
6. Approval of your employment by the SMCCCD Board of Trustees
7. Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis exam for initial employment.
8. Have fingerprints taken by a Live Scan computer (Clearance must be received prior to first day of employment). Please note that the California Education Code requires, in part, that community college districts shall not employ or retain in employment persons in public school service who have been convicted of certain felonies, a misdemeanor drug charge (including alcohol offenses) or misdemeanor moral turpitude (sexual offense) crime. However, consideration may be given to those whose drug convictions occurred more than five years ago. A conviction for other crimes may not necessarily disqualify you from the job for which you may be applying.
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that special accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process. Accommodation request forms and a copy of the Americans with Disabilities Act applicant procedures are available in the Office of Human Resources.
Annual Security Report
San Mateo County Community College District’s (SMCCCD) 2018 Annual Security Report (ASR), required by the Clery Act, includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by SMCCCD; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from SMCCCD. Our 2018 Annual Security Report also outlines various campus safety and security policies, such as those concerning crime reporting, prevention and response to sexual and gender violence, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, emergency response and evacuation procedures, and other matters. The 2018 Annual Security Report is now available. The Annual Security Report also includes important tips to help every member of the community remain safe and avoid becoming a victim of crime. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Department of Public Safety at the District Office or any of the three Campuses (650) 738-7000.