Position TitleCoordinator 1, Curriculum
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Assistant Provost, Curriculum
DepartmentLearning Advancement - 2A0
Position TypeNew position
Starting Salary$38,131 – $39,500
Job Open Date05/06/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date05/10/2019
To support SLCC’s strategic plan and pathways initiative, this position will coordinate the college’s curricular process and resources. This person will maintain current knowledge of curriculum development and assessment, accreditation, and curriculum specific policies. This person will work collaboratively with faculty, academic administrators, staff, and other stakeholders to navigate SLCC’s curricular processes. The coordinator will ensure timely communication and provide reliable information to assist in decision-making processes. The coordinator will assist in the development and delivery of college-wide curriculum based training resources and activities. Additionally, this person will maintain curriculum web-pages. library, and SharePoint site.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Manage the College’s paper and electronic curriculum library; including curriculum specific forms & templates, committee handbooks & membership, procedures, policies, logistics, etc…. Maintain electronic tracking of course and program proposals to ensure proposals move through the College’s curricular process smoothly; follow-through with schools, divisions, and departments. Participate in curricular proposal evaluation. Work collaboratively to confirm the curricular content of the catalog, degree audit, and other systems are consistent, accurate, and available to all stakeholders. Assist faculty members to complete internal and external curricular proposal documentation. Access course and program data to prepare curricular reports. Maintain Curriculum web-pages, library, and SharePoint sites.
Serve as the initial point-of-contact for frequently asked curriculum questions from faculty, academic administrators, and other curriculum stakeholders. Ensure timely communication across the College about curriculum processes, dates, and deadlines. Deliver regular training, electronically and in-person, specific to curricular templates, policies and procedures, process and flow, roles and responsibilities, and other content as needed.
Coordinate the tasks of each school’s representative (known as school curriculum technicians) specific to his/her roles and responsibilities in the curricular process. Coordinate the production of accurate meeting agendas, materials, and minutes for Faculty Senate and associated curriculum committees with the office’s administrative assistant.
Other duties as assigned.
Higher education paid work experience strongly preferred.
One + years of direct, full-time, paid work experience in an educational setting.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• Zero (0) to three (3) years of direct, full-time, paid work experience in an educational setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Understanding of higher education policies, procedures, and best practices in college curriculum processes
• Familiarity with college structure, resources, and services
• Ability to lead discussion and make presentations to large and small groups
• Demonstrated initiative, team-work, and conflict resolution skills
• Possess knowledge, skills, methods, and experience to effectively manage multiple projects
• Ability and willingness to become a skilled user of technological tools and reporting systems
• Ability to manage and assess large amounts of data
• Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to perform with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
• Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Position available July 1, 2019
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-18-19.pdf
*Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full-time or part-time.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.