Instructor of Mathematics
- Francis Marion University
- Location: Florence, South Carolina
- Category: Faculty-Science-Mathematics
- Posting Date: 09/07/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Francis Marion University's Department of Mathematics invites applications for a non-tenure-track with possible renewal Instructor of Mathematics position beginning August 2019. This position is a full-time 9-month appointment. The minimum qualification is at least 18 hours of graduate mathematics courses but a Master's degree or Ph.D. in Mathematics or Mathematics Education is preferred.
Desirable qualifications include teaching lower division undergraduate mathematics courses, employing innovative instructional strategies involving diverse student participation, and experience working in collaborative environments for cohesive content delivery across program.
Teaching load is four sections of mathematics courses per semester. Courses will include lower division mathematics content courses with instruction in lab and lecture settings. Experience is preferred with Blackboard Learning Management System tools (such as Collaborate), MyMathLab, and flipped classroom environment.
The FMU Math Department website address: https://www.fmarion.edu/mathematics/
1. Letter of interest describing interest in FMU (referencing position number 19-59);
2. Curriculum vitae;
3. Statement of teaching philosophy;
4. Three letters of reference; list of three additional reference names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers; and
5. Copies of all transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate);
6. FMU faculty application.
Send Application Packet to:
Dr. Thomas Fitzkee, c/o Mrs. A. Maria McCormick, by email at email@example.com or regular mail at Department of Mathematics, Francis Marion University, P.O. Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547.
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.