Department: Admissions and Academic Records
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: May 9, 2019
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Bunker Hill Community College seeks a creative and energetic professional who will work with a team in a collaborative environment to fill the position of Registrar. The Registrar will provide leadership to plan, organize, and manage all of the activities related to the Academic Records on both the Charlestown and Chelsea campuses, including serving as the official authorized keeper of the College's student records.
The Registrar's primary mission is to uphold the academic policies of the College, to securely maintain the academic records of current and former students and to facilitate the student enrollment process, maintaining a registration, records, curriculum course scheduling and graduation operation that is efficient, responsive, data-informed and student-focused. Specifically, the Registrar facilitates student registration; maintains up-to-date and accurate course schedules, as well as curriculum; oversees the academic review of the College Catalog; manages efficient use of general purpose classrooms through use of 25Live; and supervises and maintains the Colleague Student system, along with other technology systems, working collaboratively and partnering with faculty and staff in other areas to enhance student service, improve operations and aid in development, assessment and enforcement of academic policies. This position is responsible for facilitating and managing the creation of a master course schedule that maximizes students' ability to plan their academic schedules with a barrier-free path toward completion.
- Manage Student Records, Graduation, and other academic services for the College including the awarding of transfer credit through Transferology.
- Develop and implement the goals and business strategies for the assigned work areas.
- Monitor and analyze processes to improve services and predict future needs.
- Manage curriculum programs of study changes and degree audit functions for the college.
- Interpret, implement and ensure college compliance with state and national accreditation standards.
- Provide interpretation and monitor processes to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations including FERPA. Establish and implement policies and procedures for collection, storage and dissemination of information according to public law, regulations, and institutional policies; act as FERPA compliance officer for the College
- Forecast, develop, administer and oversee assigned budgets.
- Provide professional level support to the Academic and Student Affairs area through data analysis, project management, reports and presentations and committee participation.
- Recommend policy revisions and responsible for departmental planning.
- Oversee the management and supervision of staff in assigned departments.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise staff.
- Conduct graduate follow-up data collection and reporting.
- Outline, implement and assess internal audit procedures to ensure accuracy of student data.
- Evaluate hardware and software needs of Academic Record's Office and other academic service functions for consistency with student needs.
- Build cross-campus relationships for enhancement of services provided through the Academic Records Office and other academic service areas.
- Chair committees convened to develop or modify existing academic service policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with staff across the college to ensure that students are receiving accurate and timely academic services.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Enrollment.
- Master's degree in student services, educational administration or combination of a master's degree and 5 years direct experience in an Associate Registrar or Registrar role.
- Five years of direct experience or seven years in an enrollment management area.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver Records and Registration services.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams
- Exceptional organizational, management, analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to enable a strong focus on customer service and student success
- Demonstrated knowledge of student registration and record keeping practices
- Demonstrated experience providing online student services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize effectively and succeed in a fast-paced, student-focused environment
- Ability to manage large datasets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with faculty, staff, administrators, students, alumni and the public with diplomacy and tact
- Preferred five years of direct experience in a community college
- Experience with Colleague, 25Live, ImageNow, and Transferology, a plus
Salary Range: $85,000.00-$95,000.00
Review Date: To ensure consideration, applications must be received by May 30, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE