8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with occasional overtime/evenings/weekends
Anticipated Hours per Week
Job Description Summary
The incumbent to this position will manage day-to-day logistics of Student Life programs and support the holistic development of students. The personal characteristics that would contribute to success in this position include friendly and professional demeanor, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while working independently, and good public speaker/active listener.
1. Plans, creates, promotes, implements and evaluates Student Life programming.
2. Assists with the delivery of student activities including commencement and awards ceremonies, diversity and cultural awareness programming, activity day events, and personal/professional development workshops including financial literacy awareness for students.
3. Serves as advisor for the College’s chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success Leadership program including the supervision of the student executive board and all program reporting.
4. Serves as advisor for the Student Government Association including the supervision of the student executive board, as well as, provide oversight support for all meetings and club functions.
5. Serves as advisor for the Minority Student Leadership Academy, assists with facilitation of the group’s events and meetings, student registration and data management.
6. Plans for all event marketing to include Facebook posts, Power Point slides for plasma TVs, student email blasts, write weekly articles for the e-newsletter, creating event posters and t-shirt designs to publicize events to the larger A-B Tech community.
7. Maintains strong partnerships with other departments on campus for events including Counseling Services, Community Relations and Marketing, Plant Operations, A-B Tech Police, Print Shop, AV/IT Services, as well as numerous faculty and staff partners through the utilization of the work order system and proactive communication.
8. Supervises departmental work-study student(s).
9. Develops Student Life programing brochure each semester, assists with the development of the student handbook and calendar, and submits all events for posting on College web calendar.
10. Maintains all departmental webpages in compliance with ADA, and Moodle course shells for three student leadership organizations as primary resource and communication tools; product marketing content.
11. Provides support for Student Life assessment efforts, including the creation and distribution of survey instruments and processing of collected data.
12. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
13. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Valid driver license;
3. Two years of full-time or equivalent experience working with diverse adult populations;
4. Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
1. Master’s degree in Education, Recreation Management, Project Management or other related field;
2. Experience with Photoshop or Illustrator design software;
3. Two years of full-time or equivalent experience with project management;
4. Experience working with college student populations;
5. One year of full-time or equivalent experience supervising student leaders and student workers;
6. Experience working in the NC Community College System;
7. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Upon submitting your on-line application, unofficial transcript must be uploaded to your application for the related degree(s) listed in the “Minimum Requirements” and/or “Preferred Qualifications” section of the job posting. The unofficial transcript must list the individual courses taken. Diplomas will not be considered in lieu of an unofficial transcript.
2. If the transcript required to be submitted at the time of application does not list the degree conferred or awarded, candidates invited to interview will be required to submit an unofficial transcript with this information two business days prior to the interview.
3. If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from a regionally accredited institution are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Posting Detail Information
Keep Open Until Filled
Salary: $33,192-$37,344; Total Compensation: $49,066-$54,339