P/T Teacher Assistant (Virginia Marx Childrens Center)
- Westchester Community College
- Location: Valhalla, New York
- Category: Admin-Student Affairs and Services
- Posting Date: 03/19/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
P/T Teacher Assistant (Virginia Marx Children’s Center)
HOURLY POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county’s largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Opening Date: April 11, 2019
Position Title: P/T Teacher Assistant
Department/Division/Location: Student Access, Involvement, and Success/Virginia Marx Children’s Center
Responsibilities: The Virginia Marx Children’s Center at Westchester Community College seeks enthusiastic and skilled teachers to work with infants, toddlers, and/or preschoolers. The Center is a NYS licensed child care facility and NAEYC accredited.
- Hourly Rate of Pay & Qualifications: $12.60 per hour. No benefits. The successful candidate must possess a minimum of an Associate’s degree or the satisfactory completion of 60 credits with at least one course in childhood education, psychology, or a course involving issues in early childhood development.
- Hourly Rate of Pay & Qualifications: $16.00 per hour. No benefits. The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least one year of experience working with children.
Work Schedule: The work schedule is Monday through Friday, up to 28 hours per week; 8:00 am-2:30 pm or 11:30-6:00 pm.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking “here.” Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate “P/T Teacher Assistant” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.