Cooperative Work Experience Education Mentor - Part-time, Temporary
Yuba College - Marysville, CA.
Essential Duties Summary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The person selected will be expected to:
• Schedule appointments with assigned students and their supervisors by phone and email (daytime, evening, and weekends).
• Visit worksites of assigned students in Yuba City/Marysville and surrounding areas (Grass Valley, Gridley, Live Oak, Sacramento, Roseville, etc.).
• Revise learning objectives and discuss student progress with students and their supervisors.
• Answer questions from students and their supervisors regarding the Cooperative Work Experience Program.
• Coordinate the completion of various forms by students and their supervisors and provide electronic and physical copies to the Work Experience Coordinator.
• Complete a file for each student and recommend a grade (pass/no pass) based on their completion of the course requirements.
• Periodically meet with the Work Experience Coordinator to exchange student information and paperwork.
• Promptly respond to communications from students, supervisors, and the Work Experience Coordinator via phone and email.
• Access student information electronically.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and skills regarding job duties and performance in one or more disciplines.
• Ability to communicate clearly via phone and email
• Ability to organize student information
• Ability to identify relevant and rigorous objectives for on-the-job learning
• Flexibility to meet with students and supervisors
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Reliable transportation to and from student worksites. AND
• Master’s degree in any discipline in which work experience may be provided at the college. OR
• A bachelor’s degree in any such discipline for which a master’s degree is not generally expected or available, plus two years of professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment. OR
• An associate’s degree in any such discipline for which a master’s degree is not generally expected or available, plus six years of professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to applicants with:
• Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
• Professional experience in multiple disciplines.
• Professional experience in jobs commonly filled by Yuba College students, including food service, retail, and caregiving.
• Experience in career counseling, coordinating internships, or supervising interns.
• Experience supervising employees.
Range/Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary/Range: $47.74 - $79.54/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. External
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest.
To apply for an Equivalency, please download a Equivalency Determination Application, Equivalency Statement, and Procedure from YCCD’s website: www.yccd.edu/forms