Child Development Assistant - .50 FTE - 12 Months (2 Positions)
Yuba College - Marysville, CA.
Under the direction of an assigned Dean or designee, assist in the operation of a day care center for children; assist with providing a quality child development program.
Essential Duties Summary
• Assist in the implementation of a program of activities that contributes to the care, growth and development of children and enhances their growth, development and safety. (E)
• Assist Yuba College Early Childhood Education students in implementing activities for children in a laboratory environment as part of their instructional program; provide input to Early Childhood Education student progress as directed. (E)
• Assist small groups of children follow established schedule of developmentally appropriate activities. (E)
• Assist with providing a quality child care program; assist in the planning and development of the Program; prepare lesson plans; compile resources and materials. (E)
• Attend and contribute to staff meetings as required; prepare records and reports as directed. (E)
• Record attendance of children; assist in discussions with parents as requested. (E)
• Assist in maintaining and controlling inventory of instructional supplies.
• Perform custodial and maintenance duties as required to maintain a physical environment that conforms to applicable standards of health and safety.
• Oversee the operation of the Center
independently in case of absences or
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Basic child development and psychology.
• State Department of Social Services
• Basic methods used in child care.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Infant and child CPR techniques.
• Basic pediatric first aid.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: sufficient course work to qualify for a Child Development Associate Permit including at least twelve core units in Early Childhood Education or equivalent courses and one year of experience in a child development program.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Child Development Associate Permit or equivalent.
• Appropriate First Aid and CPR certificates.
• California Child Care Provider Health and Safety Certificate (to be obtained within 30 working days from date of hire)
• Assist in the operation of a day care center for children.
• Assist with providing a quality child development program.
• Assist in the implementation of a program of activities that contributes to the care, growth and development of children and enhances their growth, development and safety.
• Lead activities for children.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Large, self-contained children’s center environment.
• Outdoor play area with climbing structures, sand, and riding toys.
• Constant noise.
Range 19, CSEA Salary Schedule .50 FTE
$1,313.10 - $1,438.10/mo. .50 FTE
PART-TIME (less than .60 FTE): Part-time positions less than .60 FTE are not entitled to any District paid fringe benefits. The District does however; provide the employee prorated leaves including vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Employees less than .50 FTE contribute to an Alternative Retirement System (Apple). Employees whose, FTE is between .50 and .60 contribute to the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. External
Open Until Filled