Job Posting Title
Senior Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator Analyst (Extended)
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
Information Technology Department
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Senior Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator Analyst is a senior systems and database administrator who performs the most complex activities within the scope of the Information Technology organization and has the deepest technical knowledge in the assigned areas. Incumbent typically specializes in several overlapping technical areas and/or has broad overlapping architectural responsibilities and may manage multiple projects while also administering several of the most critical production system components. The Senior Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator Analyst operates with minimal oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
In addition to the typical duties of Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator Analyst I and II:
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, & budgets):
• Administers and has over-sight for all or most District-wide servers, databases and application software for the most critical business functions and the largest user communities.
• Performs district-wide capacity planning for all or most District-wide servers, databases and critical application software.
• Consults with IT Management to ensure adequate capacity, performance, and security for all or most District-wide servers, databases and critical application software.
• Recommends and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to define agreement between IT and business units or customers for the most critical business application software areas.
• Maintains knowledge of components outside of direct responsibilities and works with other IT units (application, database and infrastructure) to design and maintain overall security of systems and data.
• Designs and implements Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans for the most critical, District-wide business functions, consistent with IT Management and IT User community requirements.
• Manages analysis, application, and migration of patches and upgrades to the ERM (enterprise resource management system – PeopleSoft), both in test and production.
• Performs project management for major server, database and application software upgrades of the most critical business systems.
• Projects typically include complex integration, involving large staffing across multiple technical layers and technical units, with significant user impact potential and risk avoidance.
• Monitors all ongoing projects of technical staff in the unit, to ensure consistency with technical direction.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
• Provides technical leadership to Analyst I & II in same specialties.
• Recommends and justifies relevant IT procedures & policies.
• Acts as a focal point for requests, problems, and issues affecting the unit.
• Leads the planning, design, and implementation of system architectures for broad, overlapping areas of technology.
• Analyzes and justifies changes and improvements in systems architecture (server, database and software) to Information Technology Management for the most critical systems and largest, District-wide applications
• Leads long-range planning and budgeting for the most critical Information Technology systems (server, database and application software) and other related areas.
• Performs related duties as required.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day
40 hours per week
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and six years’ experience directly related to job duties; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and two years in class of Information Technology Analyst II; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ experience directly related to job duties.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
$8,378.42 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.