The primary responsibility of this position is to provide classroom instruction for a full range of courses in Leadership Development and Business Management. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in following content areas: Managing People, Employee Training and Development, Leadership Development, Business Professionalism and Customer Service Management.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
Other duties include, but are not limited to, curriculum development and evaluation, committee assignments, student recruitment, program marketing and student club advising. This position requires strong organizational skills, communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver practical hands-on instruction. Must be accessible to students and maintain positive relationships with industry-related organizations and businesses. Must be willing to teach traditional, accelerated and hybrid courses within daytime and evening hours as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Organizational Leadership, Human Resources or related field.
2. Twenty-four months (4,000 hours) of verifiable occupational experience as a fully qualified worker in the occupational area, of which 2,000 hours shall be within the previous five years. One year (2,000 hours) of related occupation experience may be waived if the occupational instructor has at least two years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years.
3. Ability to work collaboratively with others.
3. Eligibility for Wisconsin Technical College System Teaching Certification.
4. Some teaching experience.
5. Willingness to embrace technology as a means to supplement student learning and a tool to encourage effective and timely communication with students
1. Master's Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Leadership, Education or related field.
2. Teaching experience within higher education, utilizing traditional, accelerated, hybrid and/or online delivery
The Instructor of Business Management supports the School of Business and is available August 6, 2019.
This is a full-time position with varying hours between 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
All candidates both (internal and external) must attach the following to the completed online application. Applications that do not have the required attachments, will not be considered:
1. Cover Letter
3. College Transcripts (unofficial and/or official)
Salary is listed to the midpoint of the range at the 2018 - 2019 rates (Master's Degree Level) and is based on experience and level of education.
Bachelor's Degree: $54,338 - $71,004
Master's Degree: $58,993 - $79,368
Selected applicants will be invited to interview; Interviews will be held Wednesday, June 26, 2019.