Position is open until filled with a first application review date of June 20, 2019
Under the direction of the President and reporting to the District Governing Board as a senior executive of Yavapai College, The Vice President for Strategic Initiatives is charged with bringing vision and strategic leadership to a broad range of key initiatives including enrollment management, online learning, utilization of open educational resources and development of an integrated learning core that connects academic and student service operations and initiatives to improve student access, retention, progression and completion.
- Lead change in people, structure and process that moves college to an outward focused mindset
- Work with executive leadership to achieve a healthy work environment focused on relationship and service excellence
- Develop an enrollment management and recruiting infrastructure and targeted enrollment management strategy
- Assess online learning environment, processes, procedures and opportunities for improvement
- Work with Open Educational Resources Committee to support and expand utilization of OER
- Develop an integrated learning core that closely aligns academics with academic and student support services resulting in learning excellence
- Serves on President's Executive Leadership Team
Minimum Expectations & Requirements:
- Master's degree or above from a regionally accredited college or university
- Strong technical and conceptual long range planning skills
- 5-10 years of related experience including five years of progressively more responsible management/supervisory experience
- Experience in program development, faculty development, and strategic planning
- Evidence of the ability to work with administrators and faculty in a peer relationship
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a broad variety of people using both oral and written skills
- Ability to organize and delegate work so as to control a variety of programs simultaneously
- Knowledge of management techniques, including record keeping, reporting, budgeting, planning, inventory control and cost, personnel and performance analyses
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to institutional policies, personnel policies, State and Federal regulations
- Experience using spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Education and experience beyond the minimum qualifications with recent leadership experience
- Community college teaching and administrative experience
- Professional experience in a community college/higher education work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.