Adjunct Faculty, Media and Web Design Technology
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Faculty-Communications-Media & Communication Studies
- Posting Date: 05/22/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAdjunct Faculty, Media and Web Design Technology
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Henry Oh
Position TypeNew position
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationSouth City Campus
Job Open Date05/22/2019
Job Close Date06/30/2020
Open Until FilledNo
This is an adjunct faculty position for the Media and Web Design Technician programs which include Web Programmer, Web Site Designer, and Graphic Technician, These are not lecture courses, programs are taught one-on-one using a hybrid CBE format learning environment utilizing Canvas. The applicant will be responsible for teaching various courses at the same time to students who may be at different progress points within the three programs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
● Deliver and manage industry standard, CBE instruction to students from diverse populations.
● Accommodate learning styles, especially hands-on training not limited to the classroom.
● Advise students of the program requirements and inform students of their progress throughout the programs.
● Assess students’ abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback on progress made, during but not limited to the required Weekly Meaningful Contact.
● Work with the Associate Dean and the programs’ Coordinator and other faculty/staff to maintain continuous improvement and updates to the curriculum and instructional delivery.
● Support the College and School of Applied Technology policies and guidelines.
Preferred ACA certified in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Universal Access Certification
● Experience teaching or tutoring students in a CBE environment
● Related degree or Certificate of Proficiency of one or more Media and Web Tech programs along with one or more years working in a related field
● Highly experienced in Adobe products along with HTML and web programming skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
● Knowledge and use of Canvas to modify and update curriculum development
● Attention to detail
● Ability to work without supervision in a team environment
● Experience with documentation, and maintenance of individualized records
● Excellent interpersonal communication, writing, and organizational skills
● Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions part-time positions with no guarantee of ongoing employment.
The following attachments are required for the application:
1. Cover Letter
2. Resume or curriculum vitae
3. Copy of transcripts or Credentials
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
Copies of Certifications or licensures are requested, if applicable.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.