Position TitleElectronics Technology, Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentSchool of Applied Tech & Technical Spec-2N4
Position TypeNew position
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationWestpointe Center
Starting Salary$28.00 to $45.00/hour
Job Open Date05/22/2019
Job Close Date06/30/2020
Open Until FilledNo
Provide instruction, outcomes assessment and facilitate students’ learning in the theory and practical applications of a variety of Electronics Technology courses, to include but not limited to the following, Core Electronics DC, AC, Analog, Digital, and Automation and Instrumentation; which would include PLC’s, Motors, Process Control and Robotics as the primary responsibility. Additional courses are Troubleshooting, Microprocessors/Embedded Controllers, Fiber Optics, RF Communications, Microwave, and Circuit Simulation software. The Faculty will support learning in an Open Entry format that is self-paced and must be able to multi-task and provide instruction daily for as many as 30 plus courses.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provide instruction for all SLCC/SAT catalog listed Electronics Technology programs and courses, to include theory and practical hands-on applications and proper usage of related instrumentation.
2. Instruct in a flexible Competency Based Open Entry/Open Exit format and teach multiple subjects/courses and programs.
3. Monitor student’s progress and support all college and department’s required reports/documentation.
4. Implement departments SLCC Outcomes Assessments for all courses, and determine the student’s final course grade.
5.Assist with the management of the Electronics Classrooms, Ensure that all learning materials, equipment and computers that are required are available and functional, following department’s process to support the above items.
6. Complete and assist with the registration, scheduling, and grading of students in the proper course as they progress thru the programs and courses.
7. Follow all established SLCC, School of Applied Technology and Electronics Technology Departments policies and procedures.
8. Administer Industry Certifications, such as ETA-I, CET.
9. Accommodate various learning styles, and provide recommendations to student.
10. Advise students on the program requirements and their progress through the courses, assist in addressing problems regarding students completion date, ensure 100% date, provide more one-on-one instruction, set goals, adjust schedule, assign home-work and completion dates.
11. Ensure that all the instruction is following all requirements established by the course CCO (Course Curriculum Outline), and that the student is completing and following the course learning plans.
12. Daily basis ensure that all effort is made during instruction time to identify student’s progress and status, and determine if the student is making satisfactory progress. Complete all required reports.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Follows the course curriculum outlines and other classroom activities established by the department.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Answer student questions and provide necessary feedback on student progress.
5. Supports department assessment initiatives.
6. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
7. Completes all required trainings.
8. Demonstrate and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
9. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
Preferred education and experience in Automation and Instrumentation, with Industrial Electronics.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic’s Engineering, Automation;
Experience as an instructor in electronics technology areas, and Automation.
A minimum of four years full-time, paid work experience in the electronics industry or education.
1. Education and Experience:
a. AAS, AS Degree in Electronics and four (4) years recent full-time paid work experience in the field;
2. Certifications in the following areas: ETA-I /CET/FCC/FOI/ISA-
3. Knowledge and experience in Electronics, Motors, Controls Systems and PLC’s, troubleshooting, and instrumentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs.
2. Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
3. Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance.
4. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
5. Ability to work without close supervision in a team with diverse membership.
6. Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitude.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions part-time positions with no guarantee of ongoing employment.
The following attachments are required for the application:
1. Resume or curriculum vitae
2. Copy of transcripts or Credentials
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
Copies of Certifications or licensures are requested, if applicable.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.