Position TitleCoordinator 3, HR Process & Systems
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Director, Employment and Compensation
DepartmentHuman Resources - Employment
Position TypeNew position
Starting Salary$44,312.16 - $49,851.23
Job Open Date05/22/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date06/19/2019
The Coordinator will oversee the electronic personnel action form (ePAF) process, review HRIS input/output to ensure data integrity, update/create HR forms in the onboarding systems and other related forms, work with teams for process improvements and help end users with ePAF questions.
The Coordinator will also be the supervisor for ePAF employee(s).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, administer, and monitor organization wide ePAF program including progress of implementation, troubleshoot problems, and a process to service questions and answers for end users.
- Maintain, review and develop HR forms andin the onboarding system, and other HR forms, as applicable, and information delivery methods to ensure efficiency.
- Conduct trainings related to ePAF
- Leads and supervise ePAF team in program initiatives
System Maintenance & Integrity
- Resolution of HR systems (including but not limited to applicant tracking, position management, onboarding, HRIS (Banner) data & technical issues and process improvement
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Work closely with HR team to provide feedback, implementation, progress of the forms, data correction and other issues.
Analytics and Reporting
- Proactively develop and maintain weekly, monthly, and yearly benchmarks and goals in several systems.
- Refine strategies and develop new solutions to improve efficiency and ensure the program is delivering results.
- Evaluates process improvement proposals from within the business and functions to determine organization-wide viability.
Post and update information on the HR website as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Higher education experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or a related field).
Minimum of four years of direct, paid, full-time experience in HR with some supervisory experience.
Part-time related work experience may be substituted for full-time work experience on a prorated basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of and adhere to SLCC policies and procedures.
Knowledge of current HR laws, policies, trends, and best practices
Familiar with applicant tracking systems, I-9, on-boarding, e-verify, and HR systems.
Understanding of the basic framework for an HR process including ePAFs.
Ability to define an action plan for completing and implementing ePAFs and sharing it with others.
Knowledge of technology including computer software programs, presentation technology, and Web-based systems (including MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, internet).
Knowledge of personnel actions forms, both paper and electronic.
Ability to communicate via oral, written, and electronic media with diverse populations in an educational environment while conveying important information.
Ability to develop positive working relationships with staff, collaborative partners and customers.
Demonstrate respect for others through personal actions and behavior.
Resolve conflicts in a timely, constructive, and respectful manner.
Exhibit a commitment to continuous quality and process improvement.
Ability to train and develop employees, both direct and indirect.
Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
Demonstrate commitment to customer orientation and excellence through professional actions and behaviors.
Lead/initiate improvements in area of responsibility.
Project management knowledge.
Safeguard highly sensitive and confidential information.
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Position available July 1, 2019
Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full-time or part-time.
Full-time employee benefits summary: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-18-19.pdf
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.