$71,270 to $97,833 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2017-2018); Maximum Salary Potential $124,022. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE (10 Months) Tenure Track position as Instructor, Automotive Technology, Electrical in the Division of Business and Workforce located at Evergreen Valley College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach a 100% load in all areas of automotive electronic technologies including; mitigation systems, computer area networking, connectivity technologies, hybrid vehicles, all electric vehicles, alternative fuels, and specialized courses related to automotive manufactured sponsored program.
2. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
3. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
4. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
5. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
6. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
7. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
8. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
9. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
10. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any Bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience
Any Associate’s degree and six years of professional experience
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
District’s Diversity Requirements
Degree(s) must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
All degrees and credits earned outside of the United States must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
Degrees earned outside of the U.S. without a U.S. credential evaluation attached, will not be considered.
1. Possess three or more of the appropriate ASE Certification: G1, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, and L1 or F3.
2. Direct industry experience related to alternative fuel transportation.
3. Relevant electrical knowledge in the areas of testing electrical circuits in equipment or systems; connection of electrical components or equipment, adjustments or repairs of electrical sensors.
4. Auto technology masters technician or journey level status.
5. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Typical classroom environment.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% – AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 18% Hispanic/Latino, 25% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 45% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT:
San José-Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources, SJECCD
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414
Employment Website: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com
District Website: www.sjeccd.edu
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the First Review Date/Closing Date as listed on the job announcement. Applications received after the First Review Date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
1. A completed online San José-Evergreen Community College District APPLICATION.
2. A COVER LETTER (Stating how you feel you meet the qualifications as outline in the job announcement).
3. A current RESUME/CURRICULUM VITAE
4. TRANSCRIPT – (If Required) If a degree is listed as a requirement, transcripts (Not Diplomas) MUST INCLUDE confer or award date of stated degree. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted; however if the position is offered, official transcripts will be required prior to employment. If the transcripts or degrees are from outside of the United States, an official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees by a certified U.S. credential review service (course by course of the transcripts) MUST also be submitted. (*See below for a list of suggested services that provide foreign degree equivalency evaluation to U.S. degrees).
Note: Some positions may require additional documents and/or certificates, in addition to the items listed above. Please refer to the job announcement.
OTHER APPLICANT INFORMATION:
1. Only complete application materials will be considered. No exceptions.
2. Letters of Recommendation are NOT required and will not be forwarded to the hiring committee.
3. Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
4. Application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned or duplicated.
5. Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
6. Meeting the minimum qualifications does NOT assure an interview.
7. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
*Suggested services that provide foreign degree equivalency evaluation to U.S. degrees:
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
Education Records Evaluation Services
International Education Research Foundation