Position TitleSpecialist, Academic Records & Appeals (Part Time)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
Reports to (title)Registration Appeals Specialist 3
DepartmentOffice of the Registrar and Academic Records
Job CategoryPart-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work LocationTaylorsville Redwood Campus
Job Open Date05/23/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Work in the Office of the Registrar & Academic Records in assisting the Registration Appeals Officer with scanning, data entry, filing and tracking documents.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Sort, file, image, index and shred college documents. Organize and manage email account. Enter data in Banner computer system.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
-Respect and keep confidentiality in relation to student records.
-Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
-Must be dependable.
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
-Experience with imaging systems.
-Experience in higher education.
-Experience in an office setting.
-High school diploma or equivalent and one year work experience in a student services or customer service environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must be dependable.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Customer-service oriented.
- Ability to work closely with team members.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to learn systems and procedures quickly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Other duties as assigned
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.