Job TitleInstructor, Electric Line Technician
DepartmentContinuing Education Department
High school diploma or Equivalent
Has (5) five years of work experience as a journeyman Lineman at an electric company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. The ability to problem solve and work directly with a diverse population of adult learners.
2. Effective written and public speaking skills are required.
3. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
7. Ability to make presentations to large audiences.
8. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
1. Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing Electric Lineman Technician skills.
2. Assist with program development, improvement, evaluation and recruitment.
3. Assist with selection of textbooks, instructional materials, equipment and supplies. Maintain inventory and submit requisitions for the ordering of supplies.
4. Assist in recruiting activities and cultivate relationships with appropriate local utility industry representatives to ensure program success.
5. Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports as requested and in a timely manner.
6. Attend state and regional training for implementation at local level.
7. Maintains updated syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
8. Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
9. Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas.
10. Accept other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursA minimum of a 40-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-half
Job TypeFull Time Faculty
Hiring Range$60,000- $67,000 annually based on a 12 month contract
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.