Working under the Director of Economic & Workforce Development and closely with local industry partners, provides leadership, strategic guidance, and coordination for the development, marketing, implementation, and delivery of advanced manufacturing training programs responsive to pre- and post-hire training needs.
1. Responsible for all activities associated with the Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) related to programs and facilities.
2. Develops and coordinates all aspects of relevant advanced manufacturing open enrollment and self-supporting programs.
3. Utilizes web and social media outlets to connect with potential students.
4. Manages instructional and facility projects related to the operation of the Advanced Manufacturing Center.
5. Maintains industry recognition by offering industry-recognized certifications, participating in professional associations and affiliations, and by recruiting and hiring full-time and adjunct instructors who collectively provide subject matter expertise in a wide spectrum of best practices in operations, maintenance, safety, and continuous improvement campaigns in the industrial and manufacturing environment. Set objectives for and assist in development of a standardized, “best practices” curriculum for all programs.
6. Orients, mentors, supervises, and develops highly qualified instructional staff and train-the-trainer programs.
7. Coordinates schedules of AMC full and part-time instructors; coordinates and manages equipment budgets, including working with vendors for equipment selection, generation of purchase orders, and processing.
8. Works with other Economic Workforce Development staff to coordinate and manage AMC training schedules, lab spaces, supplies, and equipment use.
9. Responsible for helping Division achieve strategic goals during the College’s fiscal year.
10. Meets with area industry representatives to raise awareness of best practices, ensure continual alignment of AMC’s course offerings with industry needs, and to promote and grow demand for the AMC’s training programs.
11. Advises AMC students and provides career counseling services while working with the Workbased Learning Coordinator to secure soft skills training, resume assistance, interview coaching, interviews, and as appropriate, WBL placements.
12. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
13. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent project management experience;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in or with the industrial, educational or corporate environments;
4. One year of full-time or equivalent experience utilizing web or social media outlets for networking, recruiting, program promotion, or program implementation.
1. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in a community college/higher education environment;
2. Project Management Professional certification;
3. Experience with marketing open enrollment training programs;
4. Experience with an electronic procurement/supplier exchange system for the purchase of supplies and services;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Upon submitting your on-line application, unofficial transcript must be uploaded to your application for the related degree(s) listed in the “Minimum Requirements” and/or “Preferred Qualifications” section of the job posting. The unofficial transcript must list the individual courses taken. Diplomas will not be considered in lieu of an unofficial transcript.
2. If the transcript required to be submitted at the time of application does not list the degree conferred or awarded, candidates invited to interview will be required to submit an unofficial transcript with this information two business days prior to the interview.
3. If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from a regionally accredited institution are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Posting Detail Information
Keep Open Until Filled
Salary: $51,972 - $58,470 Total Compensation: $72,197 - $81,170