Position TitleDirector, Athletics & Physical Activity
DepartmentAthletics & Physical Activity
The College of Lake County Director of Athletics and Physical Activities leadership and engagement will be essential in developing and implementing a strategic direction and vision for the future to ensure continued success on the field of sports.
The Director of Athletics and Physical Activities provides leadership and oversight for intercollegiate athletics, and physical education center programs and facilities. Responsibilities include supervising six men’s and six women’s sports teams, being accountable for compliance with intercollegiate athletic regulations and standards (NJCAA, Skyway Conference, Title IX), managing budgets for the physical education center and sports teams, and overseeing the Athletes Leading Academic Success (ATLAS) program. Building relationships within the institution and among community stakeholders is an essential component of growing the athletics program at the college.
1. Master’s degree in Physical Education, Athletic Administration/Sports Management, Wellness and Recreation or related field.
2. Six (6) years of progressively responsible related work experience in athletic program management and/or coordination that includes a minimum of three years leading and/or supervising the work of others.
3. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
4. Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
1. Prior experience with the management and supervision of athletic and fitness programs in a community college or higher education environment.
2. Prior coaching experience.
3. Experience with NJCAA rules and compliance.
4. Bilingual in Spanish.
Pay RateSalary, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment are highly competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience.
Total Hours per week40
Varies according to the needs of the College. Typical college hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V