An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Sands, scrapes, washes or dusts surfaces in preparation for application of stain, protective and/or decorates coatings. Removes old and/or existing finish.
2. Applies stain, protective and decorative coatings using appropriate tools (i.e. brush, roller, rags or spray equipment).
3. Patches walls, putties nail holes and caulks cracks in buildings using appropriate materials and tools (i.e. spackle, putty, caulking compound, putty knives and caulking guns).
4. Cleans brushes, rollers, spray equipment and other tools using the appropriate solvent.
5. Erects and climbs ladders and scaffolding and attaches ladder jacks and planks observing proper techniques and safety precautions.
6. Estimates the amount of material required to do the job. Computes square footage of area to be painted in order to determine supplies needed.
7. May mix colors and stains to match existing colors using proper tinting colors.
8. May perform work in other trade areas, such as plastering, roofing, carpentry, masonry, to a limited extent under the direction of a technical supervisor.
9. Performs other related duties as required.