Job TitleAdjunct Theatre Arts Instructor
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
Yuba Community College District is accepting qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time teaching assignments. These positions are filled based on the needs of the department and are on-going recruitments. A complete application includes the following: Online Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, three current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest. EQUIVALENCY: If you do not meet the specific degree requirements for an instructor in the discipline required, you may request equivalency before the final filing date. There are three (3) forms that you will need to download from the HR web site under FORMS, it is titled: Equivalency Determination Application, Statement, and Procedure – the information requested is required of all candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency
Essential Duties Summary
• Organize and teach courses of a lower-division Theatre Arts program, including but not limited to the following: Beginning and Intermediate Acting; Introduction to Theatre; Production and Technical Theatre; Introduction to Film; History of Film; Theatre and Music Theatre Production, Multicultural Theatre.
• Work with other staff and faculty as needed for stage productions.
• Understand Classic Theatre, Modern Theatre, Contemporary Theatre, Musical Theatre, and Opera.
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees.
• Develop and deliver instructional activities, lectures, materials and labs for theatre
• Prepare and complete course syllabi and outlines
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning
• Assess students according to methods described in the Course Outline of Record and submit final grades by the semester’s grade submission deadline
• Teach courses as assigned to meet student and department production needs, which, depending on assignment, may include day, evening, and weekend classes, rehearsals and performances.
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester
• Attend production meetings as required
• Embrace a student centered, learning-by-doing approach to teaching
• Participation in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees is not required but welcomed and encouraged.
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning (interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum qualifications are
• Master’s Degree in drama/theatre arts/performance OR
• Bachelor’s in drama/theatre/performance AND Master’s in comparative literature, English, speech, literature, or humanities OR
• The equivalent OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of Drama/Theatre
Experience in teaching theatre arts
A student-centered approach to teaching
Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population representing a wide range of abilities, ages, and cultures.
Demonstrated knowledge of the diverse needs and abilities of nontraditional students
Knowledge of the Community College mission
Willingness to put in extra time required to make a program successful
Expertise in using computers and technology for teaching
Experience in management of online courses and the ability to teach distance learning courses
Expertise in training actors. Experience in Voice and Movement for Actors is desirable
Experience in and the ability to teach Musical Theatre
Professional experience in acting, directing, stage management, technical theatre and/or film.
Expertise in one or more of the following: Multicultural theatre, classical theatre, filmmaking and videography, acting for the camera, scriptwriting, script analysis, technical theatre, stage makeup, working in the theatre and film industry, developing creativity, theatre mask and puppetry, or devised theatre.
Comfortable working at heights above six feet, including walking on high cat walk spaces above the auditorium
Bending, stooping, kneeling, & crawling
Pushing, pulling, guiding materials
Stand, walk on unstable surface
Lifting greater than 50 lbs.
Assemble, connect small objects
Reaching retrieving work materials
Guiding power tools
Operate equipment controls, levers and buttons
Work near moving objects
Exposure to fumes, noise, extreme temperatures, sharp objects
Ability to work a flexible schedule according to production needs including weekends and nights.
Range/StepRange/Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary/Range: $47.74 - $79.54/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest.
To apply for an Equivalency, please download a Equivalency Determination Application, Equivalency Statement, and Procedure from YCCD’s website: www.yccd.edu/forms