Job TitleFront Desk, Financial Aid Assistant (Work Study)
1. Awareness and sensitivity to the needs and expectations of the community college student.
2. Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills.
3. The ability to provide attentive, patient, accurate customer service during high volume times.
4. Understand the FAFSA and verification process and the FSA ID.
5. Basic computer skills
The Financial Aid Assistant will be responsible for scanning, filing, keeping verification forms stocked, backing up the front desk receptionist and assisting the financial aid advisors with various administrative tasks. Other duties include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for greeting all students visiting the office and determining their specific needs.
2. Answer front desk phone and return calls.
3. Provide prompt and professional service to all financial aid customers.
4. Scan and file financial aid documents.
5. Stock and keep verification forms available for incoming and current students.
6. Answer basic financial aid questions and refer students to other college services areas as appropriate.
7. Use the computer to check the financial aid application status
8. Inform students what is needed to complete their financial aid file.
9. Refer students to their Self Service account to view financial aid information.
Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the Financial Aid Director, Financial Aid Advisors, and the Student Information Specialist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working Hours20-hour per week maximum
Hiring Range$9.50 - $11.00
Job TypeWork Study
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.