Job TitleAdjunct Instructor, Mental Health Technician
DepartmentContinuing Education Department
Five or more years of work experience required; Licensed Clinical Social Worker Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills.
2. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
4. Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
5. Ability to make presentations to large audiences.
6. Excellent computer skills as evidenced by experience with at least one data analysis/business intelligence software product (such as Moodle, Blackboard, or Sakai) and competence with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
7. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
9. Proficient of the Mental Health System.
1. 1. To prepare the student for the Mental Health Technician Certification National Exam.
2. Teach and demonstrate safety practices required for successful Mental Health practices.
3. Maintains student attendance roster and other paperwork associated with the course.
4. Maintain student performance records in notebook to include grading of performances.
5. Successfully knowledge of LMS and ability to teach online.
6. Attend non-paid staff meetings as needed.
7. Complete appropriate forms for field trips, guest speakers, and requests for a substitute and submit to Program Director 3 days prior to the event
8. Must complete and turn in lesson plans to Program Director prior to instruction.
9. Arrive at least 15 minutes early to ensure you are properly prepared for class.
10. Maintains attendance records for Mental Health Technician class.
11. Maintains records for student performances. Provide weekly updates to students and place weekly performance records in each student’s file.
12. Talk with interested student who want to know more details about the class.
13. Keeps the Dean and Program Director well informed of program activities
14. At all times represent the college and the Continuing Education Department in a positive and professional manner.
15. Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the Dean and Department Head, Continuing Education.
16. All responsibilities and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Mental Health Technician instructor occupying this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursThis position would work 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.; Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays 4 hours per class and in addition, 4 hours online, per week for a total of 16 hours a week, which includes 1 (15 minute) break during the seated portion of class. Thes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.