Job TitleCredentialing/Certification Administrator (Part-Time)
DepartmentPublic Safety Department
Work Experience: 2 years of EMS experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
4. Excellent computer skills as evidenced by experience and competence with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
5. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
Administrator is responsible to aid the EMS Department Director with administrative tasks related to credentialing and certification of students in the EMS education program as well as other administrative tasks as directed for the purposes of furthering the EMS program. Duties to include:
1. Administrator will work with the program Director to ensure that the program remains COAMPS compliant
2. Develop, manage, and monitor processes and procedures that support the credentialing/certification, re-credentialing/re-certification, expirables data management, and delegated credentialing/certification contract processes.
3. Oversees credentialing/certification functions including primary source verification and student documentation organization and storage. Ensures compliance with the appropriate accrediting and regulatory agencies.
4. Prepares for and coordinates credentialing/certification audits in compliance with accreditation standards, Federal and State laws, and Durham Technical Community College policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Required Working HoursA maximum of 15 hours a work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities; flexible hours including day, evening, or weekend as facility hours allow.
Job TypePart Time Staff
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.