Job TitleEvening Shift Administrative Assistant (Internal Applicants Only)
DepartmentOrange County Campus
High school diploma or GED with five years of progressively responsible clerical administrative/office management experience.
Associates Degree in Office Administration or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1.Must have working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
2.Demonstrate strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills.
3.Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking skills and attention to details.
4.Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
5.Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
6.Advanced computer skills as evidenced by experience with at least one data analysis/business intelligence software product (such as Colleague,
NC E-Procurement, Informer, Soft-Docs, Integrated Event Scheduling – R25 or Astra) and competence with Microsoft Office products.
7.Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
8.Must be able to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team.
9.Knowledge and understanding of the mission and philosophy of the North Carolina Community College System.
1. Perform advanced receptionist duties by greeting a diverse population of visitors and callers, handling their inquiries and directing them to the appropriate locations and or person according to their needs.
2. Must be well versed in all areas of student services, curriculum and continuing education.
3. Provide word processing and other software skills, and file management services to support student and staff activities.
4. Maintain various excel spreadsheets.
5. Schedule and confirm appointments for staff.
6. Support credit and non-credit programs with registration and enrollment activities.
7. Assist Student Services staff with projects and activities as needed.
8. Assist in creating and updating class schedules for credit and non-credit courses as well as event calendars for inside and outside visitors.
9. Help order and maintain office supplies and other requisition requests via e-procurement and p-card purchases.
10. Operate and maintain office equipment, e.g., copiers, printers, phone system and class room technology.
11. Assist with the overall function, appearance and maintenance of building.
12. Supervise work study and/or temporary staff as needed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursThe work schedule for this position will require afternoon and evening availability. A minimum of a 40-hour work week will be determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to adequately fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities including eve
Hiring Range$32,000 -$36,000 annually
Job TypeFull Time Staff
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.