Job TitleExecutive Vice President for Corporate Solutions & Economic Development
Position StatusFull Time
Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience.
DepartmentDT Chancellor's Office
The Executive Vice President for Corporate Solutions & Economic Development is responsible for developing strategic business alliances between Tarrant County College (TCC) and the corporate community as well as governmental, trade association, and workforce entities to better enable TCC to meet the changing education and training needs of the region’s labor force.
The position provides leadership to the department of Corporate Services, and works with the corporate community to strategically identify and sell customized contract corporate solutions and professional education programs that address the talent gaps of businesses and industry. As direct report to the Chancellor, this position also directs work and deploys resources on behalf of the Chancellor.
This position will also interface routinely with business, governmental, trade association, and workforce entities leaders, community stakeholders, TCC campus presidents, as well as other TCC administrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the Chancellor to identify and develop strategic external partnerships to build collaborative initiatives that deliver corporate business solutions for the purposes of advancing the college’s ability to respond to the work force needs of the region. This may include, but is not limited to leading the department of Corporate Services to:
• Sell customized corporate solutions and programs that address the talent gaps of businesses, industries, and trade associations
• Develop and implement a strategic sales and delivery process that aligns directly with revenue generation models,
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with external businesses and appropriate workforce development community organizations.
• Directs (in concert with other executive leadership team members) marketing and public relations strategies that brand and promote the college to the appropriate business market.
• Represents the college in external collaborative partnership opportunities and strategic alliances
• Serves as one of the primary members of the leadership Cabinet who is responsible for interfacing with local, regional, national, and international workforce development partners; including, but not limited to chambers of commerce, public-private partnership organizations, workforce boards and councils, trade associations, and economic development entities
• Supervises assigned staff with the responsibilities of hiring, training, evaluating and mentoring
• Develops and maintains departmental budgets
• Leads the process of identifying, hiring, training, evaluation, and mentorship of professional staff.
• Serves as an extension of the Chancellor by participating in external meetings with client and partners, and following up with relevant parties.
• Providing support and delivering final material content for presentations and special projects.
• Collaborating with members of the leadership Cabinet; primarily the campus presidents.
• Managing commitments made by the college on strategic business alliances; ensuring, following up on tasks to ensure follow-through and meeting commitments.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Business, Education, Management, or a related field
• Five (5) years of administrative or managerial experience in corporate or higher education settings
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) credentials
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Demonstrated experience in:
- Successful corporate sales;
- Project and fiscal budget management experience;
- Marketing, public relations, and social media brand promotion;
- Developing, fostering, and maintaining corporate client relationships
• Demonstrated knowledge of corporate sales structures and revenue-generating models
• Demonstrated knowledge of client registration and third party billing processes
• Extensive experience in building teams and supervision of professional staff to include hiring, training, and evaluating performance;
• Demonstrated ability to build, coach, and lead a sales team through the sales cycle to meet revenue projections; negotiate price, teams and conditions of corporate contracts.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategic plan to manage budget and attain annual revenues
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.