Performs a variety of technical tasks related to the maintenance and repair of heating, cooling and related mechanical systems, controls and equipment.
1. Repairs College owned air conditioning and heating units.
2. Performs general and preventative maintenance on air conditioning and heating units.
3. Investigates problems and performs repairs on various heating, cooling and ventilation equipment.
4. Reviews blueprints and job specifications to determine best method of installing heating and ventilation systems; installs heating and ventilation systems.
5. Prepares and presents estimates of cost of parts, equipment, and supplies of proposed installation or repairs.
6. Locates and repairs electrical system failures in heating and cooling system.
7. Monitors the performance of the heating and cooling system and ensures that the air compressor is charged.
8. Complies with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety protocols and the maintenance of a clean work area.
9. Schedules and controls college HVAC systems with building automation system.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
11. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Certificate or Diploma, HVAC;
2. CFC Certification;
3. Valid and unrestricted Driver License.
1. Associate’s degree;
2. NC Electrician License;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent electrical experience;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Upon submitting your on-line application, unofficial transcript must be uploaded to your application for the related degree(s) listed in the “Minimum Requirements” and/or “Preferred Qualifications” section of the job posting. The unofficial transcript must list the individual courses taken. Diplomas will not be considered in lieu of an unofficial transcript.
2. If the transcript required to be submitted at the time of application does not list the degree conferred or awarded, candidates invited to interview will be required to submit an unofficial transcript with this information two business days prior to the interview.
3. If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from a regionally accredited institution are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Posting Detail Information
Keep Open Until Filled
Salary: $30,888-$34,746 Total Compensation: $46,140-$51,040