Job Posting TitleChild Development Center Associate Teacher (Temporary)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.
Cares for and supports the development and instruction of children in the childcare and development programs under the direction of the Child Development Center Supervisor and designated administrator while supporting the goals and objectives of the campus Child Development Centers.
For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) position Job Descriptions click here
Temporary on on-call substitute positions. Offers of employment are contingent on verification of qualifications as well as documentation of immunization against measles, pertussis, and tuberculosis. Employment between August and December will also require a yearly influenza vaccine or signed waiver.
Temporary classified positions are limited to 135 work days per fiscal year, per board regulation.
• With the Lead Teacher and Teacher, plans and implements appropriate activities for children in the following areas: language and literacy, social studies, creative arts, math, science and music to meet children’s needs, interest and abilities according to the State Department of Education, Child Development Funding Terms and Conditions; and works collaboratively with Child Development Center staff.
• Assesses children’s physical, cognitive and social/emotional development using the tool required by the State Department of Education, Child Development Division.
• Assists in organizing and facilitating learning activities.
• Works with combined age groups of children individually or in small group settings.
• Maintains appropriate display of children’s work through parent messages and appropriate bulletin boards.
• Implements appropriate rules of conduct, maintains discipline, and provides suitable environment in classroom and outdoor environment.
• Assists in the orderly use and maintenance of materials, equipment and the facility.
• Assists in general supervision of children at play; monitors outdoor and indoor play and learning activities; and oversees walking field trips on campus.
• Assists with maintaining attendance and Child Care Food Program records.
• Prepares instructional material, reports and records as directed; and assists with the organization of materials for college students assigned to the program.
• Attends staff meetings and assists with parent meetings; and attends workshops and/or in-service training activities for professional growth.
• Meets with parents to discuss children’s development, achievements and behavior problems as needed and encourages parent participation.
• Performs related duties as required.
ARC – To be determined.
CRC – To be determined.
FLC – To be determined.
SCC – To be determined.
NOTE: Temporary classified positions are limited to 135 work days per fiscal year, per board regulations.
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/ LICENSE: Employees in these classifications must hold and maintain a valid Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing within six months of hire date. CDC employees must maintain a valid CPR and first aid certificates. May need to hold a valid California Driver’s License. If a valid California Driver’s license is needed, it must be possessed and maintained in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343 and employment would be contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
EXPERIENCE: Completion of 50 days of experience in an instructional capacity in a childcare and development program working at least three hours per day within the last two years.
EDUCATION: Completion of a minimum of twelve (12) semester units of Early Childhood Education/Child Development (exclusive of field work used to satisfy experience requirement) including at least one course in each of the following core areas: child/human growth and development; child, family and community or child and family relations; and programs/curriculum; OR, completion of the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential; OR, completion of equivalent training approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Equivalent training may include traditional course work taken through a regionally accredited institution of higher education and Commission approved non-college based training. Completion of three (3) or more units in Infant Care if assigned to the Infant/Toddler or Infant/Preschool Center preferred. Must hold or be eligible for a valid *Child Development Permit issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units is equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. *Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
NOTE: Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
Also, Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
- Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Salary$11.00LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.