Responsibilities include teaching clinical course work with emphasis on medical-surgical content, competencies and skills. The ability to work cooperatively with faculty and students, to develop, organize, implement and evaluate a course in conjunction with the teaching team, select and organize learning activities that facilitate the attainment of the course objectives and provide guidance in the clinical area. Must be able to travel to a clinical site in the NCTC service area locations. May be subject to criminal background check. Resume and transcripts required in addition to application.
Master’s degree in Nursing or a Bachelor degree with a masters in another area plus six graduate hours in nursing. Would consider a BSN degree and 6 hours towards masters and 3 years recent clinical experience.
A current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Willingness to work within the philosophical framework of North Central Texas College and the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
• Ability to work effectively within a group or independently.
• Must be student oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Must be Microsoft proficient.
• Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences
• Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience.
Prefer community college teaching/clinical experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.