Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Anthropology/Archaeology
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary commensurate with degree.
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary Commensurate with Degree
- Master’s Degree or equivalent* with a minimum of 15 graduate credits in Anthropology. *Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may, at the discretion of the vice president, be determined to meet this requirement.
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level, in area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent and relevance of graduate educational preparation in the areas of archeology.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience.
- Evidence of experience in, or potential for working effectively with a diverse, multi-ethic student population.
- Evidence of scope and variety of content areas in which teaching assignments can be undertaken.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the College. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.