Administrative Assistant (WCC) Admin Svcs
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: May 30, 2019
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Administrative Assistant (WCC)-Admin. Svcs.
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Administrative Services
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Vice President and Dean of Administrative Services/CFO, the Administrative Assistant (WCC) develops, plans, coordinates, and monitors operational activities to ensure the maximum utilization of departmental resources. The Administrative Assistant (WCC) is responsible for organizational processes such as: personnel administration, budgeting tasks, financial record keeping, ordering, and the general administration of the Division of Administrative Services. This position is characterized by the frequent exercise of independent judgment and involves contact with other County departments and the general public. The incumbent will represent superiors in contacts with the public and department employees to provide or obtain accurate information. Confidentiality is also an important component of the position. Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing administrative tasks including calendaring, answering phones, coordinating meetings, liaising with the direct reports of the CFO; expediting the hourly payroll, requisitions for supplies, Personnel Action Forms (PAFs), faxes, & leave request forms; and providing assistance to the Controller including updating bank account signatures & authorization information, announcing visitors, and expediting correspondence.
- Assisting with the contract process by processing WCC contracts and Contract Request Forms (CRF), maintaining the contract database; and assisting with the preparation for BOT meetings.
- Expediting budget related tasks (i.e. year-end closing; preparing information for auditors, coordinating the county budget narrative process, sending interdepartmental charges letter/information, updating distribution lists, etc.)
- Coordinating the records access process, including FOIL, records requests, subpoenas, etc.
- Supervising clerical employees by proofreading work, delegating tasks, overseeing office organization, delegating work assignments/filing, etc.
- May perform other incidental tasks, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience where the primary function of the position was staff services or functions that generally support/back up higher-level administrators is required. The successful candidate must also possess knowledge of the methods used in departmental administration of personnel, budget & financial record keeping and knowledge of the principles and practices of office management. S/he must possess the ability to plan and supervise the work of others and the ability to present data, reports and comments clearly and concisely. S/he must also possess the ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email, and database software.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary for this position is $63,219 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. “You may apply by clicking here” or you may email your resume, cover letter, and three (3) letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Administrative Assistant (WCC)-Admin. Svcs.” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building- Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning.