Position TitleInternal Audit and Compliance Manager, Finance
College of Lake County is seeking an Internal Audit and Compliance Manager. This is an integral component of the college’s structure and is considered an advisor and resource to senior management and the Board as it considers issues of controls, risk, and compliance. This role has institutional responsibility for directing and coordinating an integrated internal audit, risk management, and compliance function in order to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight to support the advancement of the College mission.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field and five (5) years of experience in internal and/or IT auditing that includes maintaining and delivering internal and IT audit risk and controls assessment and frameworks.
– A minimum of one (1) year experience directing and conducting Financial, Operational and IT risk assessments and audits, providing risk advisory services, and ability to develop plans, audit programs, and prepare and present reports to senior management.
– Demonstrated ability evaluating controls independently or as part of a team, including the assessment of their adequacy and effectiveness.
– Demonstrated experience and on-going ability to build relationships with key stakeholders within the College and perform as liaison with auditors and regulators.
– Demonstrated experience leveraging and utilizing data, analytics and metrics in the identification, assessment, evaluation, reporting and monitoring of risk.
– Advanced experience using Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, SharePoint, Access, and PowerPoint.
– Proficiency using ERP query and data analytic tools.
– Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and political acumen skills. Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
– Self-motivated, analytical and broad thinking.
– Reflect and demonstrate the values of integrity, inclusion, unity, compassion, purpose and excellence in student success in all facets of the work and as a leader at the College.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Preferably two (2) plus years of experience working within Higher Education and/or Public Sector.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified internal auditor (CIA) Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) designations or Master’s degree in Accounting and equivalent audit, risk and compliance experience.
– Public, governmental and/or educational internal audit experience.
– Proficiency with Oracle/PeopleSoft preferred.
Expected Start Date07/01/2019
Pay RateThe minimum starting salary is $65,795.
Total Hours per week40
Monday- Friday 8:00-4:30
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V