Project Coordinator, Workforce and Professional Development
- College of Lake County
- Location: Grayslake, Illinois
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 07/16/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleProject Coordinator, Workforce and Professional Development
DepartmentWorkforce & Professional Dev
College of Lake County is seeking a Project Coordinator to support the Community & Workforce Partnerships Unit. The Project Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of the Workforce & Professional Development Institute (WPDI) and will serve the college-wide effort of advancing CLC’s employer engagement by working directly with employers, colleagues across the CLC organization and workforce partners to build relationships and ensure that employers’ needs are responded to and addressed in a timely and professional manner. They must be willing and able to uphold and advance CLC’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan and goals.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• A minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced professional customer service, sales and/or partner services positions.
• A minimum of two years of experience coordinating projects across multiple departments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating at various levels internal and external to an organization.
• Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills.
• Experience working in a matrixed organization.
• Average to advanced computer skills that include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint.
• Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as Salesforce or ACT
• Ability to assume responsibility, exercise judgment and perform with a minimum of direct supervision.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Willing and able to adjust hours of workday to attend and support morning and evening events during the week.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Three or more years of experience in customer relationship development and management in a B2B environment.
• Three or more years of experience developing and growing relationships with employers and business partners.
• Experience working for an institution of higher education.
Expected Start Date08/19/2019
Special Instructions Summary
Applicants will be asked to prepare a presentation and provide a portfolio of previous experience as related to the position. This may be a combination of marketing materials, research and program overviews that highlight their experience engaging with employers.
Total Hours per week40
M-F 8 am-4:30pm
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V