NATURE OF THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Director of Fiscal Services or designee, the Business Services Technician II provides clerical administrative office support to the Director of Fiscal Services or designee, perform technical/data entry duties in the preparation of Accounts Payable and Receivables, Clubs and Scholarships, Associated Student Government, and work on student receivables.
Examples of Duties
1. Provide exceptional customer service to students, staff and visitors. Assist with the collection of fees and distribution of information as appropriate. Determine best course of action to resolve issues following guidelines, policies and precedent. Provide assistance to other business office personnel as needed.
2. Assist with student accounts, to include payment plans, maintain billing tables; adjustments, 1098-T, Employee Fee Waivers and CHOICE Scholarship applications.
3. Assist with accounts receivable. Perform audit checks on funds received by the district to ensure compliance with internal controls. Reconcile district banking accounts monthly. Work with county to ensure receipt and deposit of all wire transfers. Perform cash receipt audits. Work with appropriate departments to ensure proper charges and credits are applied to student accounts. Assist with development and maintenance of policies and procedures needed for the collecting of enrollment fees.
4. Assist in the processing all accounts payable functions including: receiving; compliance with county and state audit regulations, categorical guidelines, and board policies; compliance with internal controls.
5. Assist with the preparation federal and state financial aid disbursements according to regulation to ensure compliance with required deadlines. Request federal financial aid funds and reconcile those funds with the federal system. Prepare information and reports for annual audits.
6. Assist with the preparation of various reports for the board, district personnel, various state or federal agencies and auditors. Reports may include water usage, energy usage, cost analysis, accounts payable and warrant, scholarship and financial aid. Other may arise over time as the needs of the district evolve.
7. Responsible for mailroom functions, including: postage, supplies, postal services, distribution of mail and delivery of district packages.
8. Assist with Palo Verde College Advancement activities such as:
a. Serve as the Assistant to the Vice President of Administrative Services for advancement activities. Assist in the planning, development and overseeing of an comprehensive fund development program. That program may include an annual campaign, capital campaign, planned giving and grants; attend Advancement meetings.
b. Prepare and maintain all correspondence, record keeping, bookkeeping and auditing of funds collected and dispersed; prepare reports as needed.
c. Review budgets and accounts receivable/payable while monitoring cash flow; monitor scholarship budgets, faculty grant program budget, and laptop scholarship programs for expenditures, requirements and reporting.
d. Maintain and update Advancement policies and procedures that may include investment and donor acceptance and recognition; maintain a donor database.
e. Assist in the establishment and maintenance of a Palo Verde College Advancement program.
f. Plan, coordinate and implement Advancement events on and off campus; participate in community and public relations activities.
g. Provide directional lead in developing publications, newsletters, brochures and annual reports regarding advancement; contribute to the maintenance of the website and/or Social Media sites for the Advancement Program.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree from an accredited college.
2. Two years of related work experience.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
5. Proficiency in the use of standard office programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), personal computers, and the internet.
6. Passage of the College's clerical skills tests.
7. Type at 40 wpm 10 key by touch.
8. Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, social economic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
2. Bilingual Spanish and English.
3. Experience in the use of accounting and auditing practices and terminology applicable to the public sector accounting, preferably in a community college setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. The physical demands and work environment are typical of an administrative job in an office environment.
2. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. This is a Full Time position, 40 hours per week, 12 months. May include evening and weekend duty.
2. Row 8 on the Classified salary schedule.
3. The college offers an attractive package of fringe benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision and life insurance as accorded per CSEA agreement
Our employment online application process is designed to assist the search committee in evaluating whether or not you possess the required knowledge and skills for the position for which you are applying. Job-related information from all applicants will be evaluated to identify those best qualified. Only the best-qualified applicants will be selected for testing and further consideration. Therefore, the online application must be completed to allow a comprehensive review and evaluation. Failure to complete the online application (and supplemental material, when required) will constitute failure to comply with the selection process and the application will be rejected.
1. To guarantee consideration, a completed application and any other required material listed, must be submitted with the online application by the published closing date.
2. Applications are only accepted for positions currently open for recruitment.
3. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee you an interview.
4. Current employees who are applying for a position should be aware that material from their personnel files will not be included as part of the application packet, and they should provide information on past and present employment in the same degree of detail as any other candidate.
5. Applicants wishing to apply for more than one position must submit a separate application and required materials for each position.
6. Legible photocopies of documents will only be accepted.
7. Travel costs related to the interview process will be borne solely by the candidate.
8. Please read the job announcement/description carefully to ensure your background and education meet the requirements of the position
9. The selection process may also include practical exercise (i.e., training demonstration and/or other written, technical manipulative, or simulation exercises),or skilled testing to evaluate candidates' qualifications.
Copy of Transcripts (Must show all work completed and the conferral date of the degree. If hired original transcripts must be submitted)
Six References (3 Professional and 3 Personal)
Professional Licenses (If applicable)