Position TitleWDCE Program Coordinator
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)Fixed Term
Hiring Salary Range$61,113-$67,224/Annually
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Job Description Summary
The ESL Academic & Career Pathways Coordinator will be responsible for managing, supervising, planning and evaluating the required Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Integrated Education and Training (IET) program for Adult Education ESL students and Continuing Education ESL students who wish to transition to post-secondary education, workforce training, and/or employment.
- Associates degree required.
- Combination of education and related experience for a total of six years.
- Bachelor’s preferred.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position:
- Manage all aspects of the delivery of a program or grant, whether open to the general public or offered by contract to a business, government agency or professional association. This includes all delivery methods (classroom, distance learning, and the like) and on- and off-campus locations.
- Design, develop and oversee Integrated Education and Training classes including bridge classes and I-BEST type classes
- Review and select instructional materials; design and oversee the writing of curricula and materials
- Recruit, interview, recommend for hire, orient, train, and evaluate adjunct faculty and support staff
- Supervise, delegate tasks, coach, counsel and evaluate the administrative support staff.
- Plan, prepare and conduct professional development activities, including classroom observations and feedback, workshops and institutes, and dissemination of information and materials
- Develop and implement multi-media marketing strategies and manage all promotional activities.
- Develop course schedules to be included in the college’s primary publications, which are distributed countywide, quarterly. Proof and edit copy. Additionally, design and supervise production of marketing materials for their individual programs.
- Conduct program outreach and recruitment
- Create, organize and deliver presentations to students about career development and post-secondary options
- Hold individual and small group information sessions to answer students’ transition questions
- Schedule and conduct advising and/or testing appointments for students
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Posting NumberPGCC22811/12 GFF4
Open Until FilledNo
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is based full-time at UTC.