Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$69,128 to $76,040/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Provide psychological services to students including brief individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, and referral to psychiatric and /or medical resources as needed; assist in developing and implementing outreach programming; serve as consultant and educator to students, faculty, and staff. The ability to work
comfortably both individually and cooperatively as a team member in providing effective programs. Counseling services places a high value on serving a diverse population of students, therefore, provides a variety of services to help students with psychological, educational, social, and developmental concerns. Supervise the development and implementation of outreach programming. Supervise graduate level interns.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree preferred in counseling, psychology, social work, higher education, student services or related field. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years required, five years preferred full-time experience as a counselor, preferably in a community college counseling center.
- Two years required, five years preferred full-time management experience in counseling or a related mental health field.
- Maryland license in respective mental health field required.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience in employing varied therapeutic modalities and techniques appropriate for different presenting clinical needs.
- Discipline through continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
- Substantiate the ability to facilitate campus wide and community based presentations.
- Indicate the ability to conduct psychometric testing.
- Relevant educational preparation to manage diverse presenting clinical cases.
- Relevance of psychotherapeutic experience to anticipated college population in counseling, psychology, and other mental health disciplines.
- Relevance of non-clinical professional experience to anticipate outreach for clinical programming. Examples: Group development, writing grants and, working with grant-funded programs, etc.
- Verify the ability to assess learning disabilities. Examples: ADD and ADHD.
- The ability to facilitate specialized therapeutic groups. Examples: Substance Abuse, Anger Management and Sexual Assault.
- Evidence of relevant professional certifications held. Examples: NCE, CEAP, CAC, MFT, Counselor Education/Supervision, Certified Mental Health Counselor.
- Evidence of ability to be a team player, and contribute positively to a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Confirm knowledge of learning-centeredness and the role of a counselor at a learning-centered college.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to respond to on call emergency situations on campus during work hours.
- Must be able to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m; Monday through Friday. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Documentation of experience required.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Maryland State licensure must accompany application for counseling positions.
- State of Maryland Licensing Board requirements for approved counseling supervisors.
- Proof of Liability Insurance Coverage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.