Position TitleSLCC Student, Workstudy – Specialist, Grand Theatre
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Patron Services Coordinator
Position TypeOne Year Temporary
Job CategoryWork Study - Variable
Initial Work LocationSouth City Campus
Starting Salary$10.25 - $11.40
Job Open Date07/19/2019
Open Until FilledYes
The Grand Theatre is located on South City Campus. Patron Services are empowered to advocate for the patrons and are expected to greet patrons, prepare and deliver box office transactions during box office hours, and provide friendly ushering during performances as assigned. Patron Services Staff are also expected to be friendly and attentive to patron needs while maintaining a comfortable environment so contract artists, crew, and patrons can focus on the show.
This is an entry level position, but The Grand is known for promoting within and providing networking opportunities for career advancement possibilities in the community.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Grand Theatre by offering superior, individualized patron services
• Learning and working within our patron management software system in order to sell tickets, maintain the database of patron information, and preparing financial receipts and reports for deposits to school accounts.
• Answering phone, voice messages, and email in an appropriate professional and courtesy manner.
• Serving as a point of contact to provide patrons with relevant and correct information on Grand activities and other community theatre opportunities.
• Multi-task on the night of shows to handle the current patron at the window as well as assist other front-of-house staff members
• Ushering patrons to their seats on performance night
• Directing patrons to relevant areas in the theatre
• Maintaining comfortable atmosphere during performance by moderating cell phone/digital device use and patron behavior
• Handling minor patron customer service issues such as double seating and errors in ticket handling
• Maintain theatre appearance and presentation
• Attend monthly Patron Services Staff Meeting
• Take part in any extra training as required, and take a proactive approach in remaining aware of box office policy
• Experience in cash register operation and keeping accurate financial records is preferred
• Experience in a customer service position preferred
Must be approved for Federal Work-Study.
• Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good working knowledge of computers
• Ability to meet and deal with the public, both adults and children
• Ability to communicate effectively, in person, via email/telephone, and in writing
• Flexible availability – afternoons, evenings, and weekends needed
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Hours: <20 hrs/wk
*Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full-time or part-time.
Work Study is awarded to SLCC students through the Federal College Work Study program, which requires establishing financial need through the FAFSA application from the Financial Aid Office. If you do not have work study awarded to you, you will not be eligible for work under work study positions.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.