Job Posting TitleStudent Personnel Assistant - Student Services
LocationLos Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)
Department LocationStudent Services
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The college offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, serves as a staff assistant in providing student services and information on college programs in one or more of the following areas: Admissions and Records, and/or Matriculation. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Student Services Department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
Applicants may be interested in applying to the Student Personnel Assistant – Student Services at SCC, C00999P.
● Oversees students, peer assistants, and temporary staff.
● Maintains confidentiality of information and materials.
● Serves as a resource person to students and staff.
● Develops forms for office use.
● Performs general office duties such as filing, maintaining records, answering the phone, and making appointments.
● Prepares periodic reports.
● Provides assistance in coordination of budget requests and allocations.
● Transmits data to the central district computer.
● Attends appropriate conferences, workshops, and staff meetings as assigned.
● Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains student aides and temporary staff for registration, orientation, and office work.
● Maintains timesheets and tracks budget for student aides and temporaries.
ADMISSIONS & RECORDS (Typical duties plus):
● Distributes program information materials, catalogs, and brochures.
● Prepares and updates lists of information and resources available.
● Answers routine questions regarding program requirements.
● Interprets program regulations and assists students in obtaining needed support services.
● Maintains bulletin boards, display racks, and other visual displays.
● Provides program assistance to individual students, staff, and faculty.
● Assists in performing high school liaison duties including participation in college day/night programs and routine visits to feeder high schools.
● Assists with business liaison duties including participation in Ed/Career Fairs and on-site registrations at our off-campus locations.
● Collects information about students using records and tests.
● Assists in coordination of veteran’s benefit programs for students.
● Provides assistance in coordination and planning for activities in the Reentry/Women’s Center.
● Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to assist students in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
● Generates and monitors bulk mail.
● Provides assistance in coordinating efforts for advertising (signs, newspaper ads, press releases, TV).
MATRICULATION (Typical duties plus):
● Develops and distributes information packets to high school principals and counseling departments announcing each semester’s registration procedure.
● Distributes early application packets to high schools and at special events.
● Coordinates student retention projects.
● Coordinates phone calls for the purpose of recruitment / retention / persistence.
● Keeps staff informed about enrollment management activities.
● Answers tutoring questions and schedules student appointments with tutor.
● Hires, schedules, oversees, and collects timesheets for all tutors.
● Proctors make-up tests.
● May assist with Disable Students Programs and Services (DSP&S) note taking, tutoring, and test proctoring during summer session.
● Logs hours of tutors and tutees.
● Collects and evaluates information about students referred by faculty for early alert services.
● Provides students with assessment information and directs them to appropriate campus services.
● Operates computerized assessment systems.
● Scores tests using computer scoring systems.
● May assist with administering diagnostic, placement and specialized tests, vocational interest inventories, and aptitude tests, and proctor exams.
● Conducts assessment orientation sessions.
● Assists with large and small group orientations to the college.
● Develops, coordinates, and delivers new student orientation presentations using PowerPoint.
● Assists in producing and updating new student orientation video in English and other selected languages.
● Works with counselors to develop their orientation presentations.
● Maintains database of student orientation information and attendance and posts on Scheduling and Reporting System (SARS).
Work Year12 month
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 pm., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day40 hours per week
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a Los Rios Community College District student support services position or similar position with related duties.
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click hereForeign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Salary$3,695.23 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.