Position TitleChemistry Instructor, Full-Time
Position TypeFaculty Full Time Tenure Track
Number of Months Assignment10
Starting DateJanuary 24, 2020
Dependent upon academic background and educational experience. Please visit our website at http://www.riohondo.edu/hr/hr-documents/ to see the faculty salary schedule.
Rio Hondo College invites applications for a tenure-track position in the area of chemistry to begin January, 2020. Teaching duties will include Allied-Health, Introductory, General, and Organic chemistry lecture and laboratory courses. Candidate is also expected to be active in other college-wide duties.
Master’s degree in Chemistry
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry AND Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Physics, Molecular Biology, or Geochemistry
A valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the appropriate subject matter
Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The equivalency is a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry AND one of the following: 1) A Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Molecular Biology, Geochemistry, Materials Science or other Applied Chemistry. OR 2) Completion of 30 graduate level units in Chemistry and/or Applied Chemistry in Doctoral program.
Under general direction: Instruct students in the assigned discipline • Develop curricula, instructional methodology, strategies • Advise students in both group and individual contacts • Assist students in improving time management and learning skills • Participate in institutional activities including but not limited to flex and staff development • Perform peer reviews as required in the association contract • Participate in other contractually required activities • Meet regularly with discipline/division peers • Provide support for discipline/division recruitment, research and development • Participate on institutional committees and activities • Work towards continuous personal growth and development • Perform other duties as directed or specified by Board Policy, California Education Code, or Faculty Association contract. • Assignments may be either day or evening, weekday or weekends or online.
Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an Evaluation Service prior to the closing date. Certification must be attached with copies of transcripts.
Applications are currently being accepted for Chemistry Instructor to commence in January 2020. This is a Full-Time, 10 month, Tenure-Track Position.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PT on the closing date.
Applicants must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed.
- Rio Hondo College online application (which includes supplemental questions)
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Complete transcripts of all colleges/university studies, including degree earned (copies will be accepted) NOTE: Transcripts from multiples colleges/universities may need to be scanned as one document, then uploaded.
- PAPER APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS SENT VIA MAIL, FAX, OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- NOTE THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE, INCLUDING INTERVIEW INVITATIONS, WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires the District obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
- Successful candidate is responsible for verifying all prior work experience and providing all academic transcripts for purposes of salary placement.
- As a condition of employment, the selected applicant must provide a set of fingerprints (at the applicant’s expense) taken by an official LiveScan agency.
- Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial employment (The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment).
- For positions requiring a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurability is required.
- Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and require accommodations for completing the application process, testing (if required for position), or the interview, please notify the Human Resources Office.
- A copy of this announcement will be provided in Braille to visually impaired applicants upon request.
Commitment to Diversity
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Cancel RTF Policy
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
Rio Hondo College is committed to employing qualified administrators, faculty and staff members who are dedicated to student success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates.