The Division of Adult & Continuing Education seeks and employs adjunct faculty throughout the year for instructional roles in Gainesville, Corinth, South Denton, Bowie and Graham.
We are currently seeking instructors for our Workforce Training Courses. The purpose of this position is to teach college courses as listed in current Industrial Pre-Apprentice Program curriculum and provide related services, such as academic advising, committee participation, professional development, community development and others as needed.
Instructor is responsible for providing classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the field of Construction. The instructor will teach courses related to the core skills used in residential and commercial construction settings. Topics include safety, hand/power tool use, construction math, drawings, rigging, material handling, & communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Construction Craft Instructor include, but are not limited to:
• Providing and supporting classroom instruction for the program.
• Maintaining a safe, orderly and up-to-date lab area for the application of multiple labs within the curriculum.
• Developing and maintaining professional relations with the industry through industry visits and advisory committee meetings.
• Preparing and providing course syllabi and instructional materials to students.
• Evaluating and reviewing students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
• Keeping appropriate records of testing and grading, as per college standards.
• Utilizing technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, communicate with others and facilitate learning.
• Maintaining student discipline through effective classroom management.
• Attaining, maintaining and reviewing program certification requirements, as appropriate.
• Fulfilling professional assignments in accordance with the North Central Texas College calendar and contractual obligations.
• Partner with Business and Industry to promote program
Rate of pay: $27 per hour
Subject to criminal background check. Resume required in addition to application.
|Special Instructions to Applicants
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.