Operations Manager - Facilities Services
- Mott Community College
- Location: Flint, Michigan
- Category: Admin-Facilities Management
- Posting Date: 08/21/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleOperations Manager - Facilities Services
DepartmentOffice of Physical Plant - Dept
Starting Salary RangeMid 80's to low 90's
Excellent benefits package. Click here to view our benefits summary.
Purpose and Dimension: The Operations Manager has responsibility for Facilities Services operational department supervisor(s), as assigned. This position also assists the Executive Director (ED) with strategy, planning, design development and construction operations for the College’s Facilities Services Department.
1. The Facilities Services Operations Manager, under direct supervision of the ED provides students, faculty, staff and visitors with a clean, attractive, safe and functional physical environment in which to study and work, coordinating and administering department strategic and tactical planning for operations and asset upgrade/replacement operations and supervising operations functions within the Department.
2. Maintains planning documents for departmental budgeting, and potential improvements and changes to the campus built environment. This includes studying the impact of collective bargaining agreements on operational effectiveness and efficiency, and making recommendations for change.
3. Responsible for implementation and administration of the Facilities Services CMMS system.
4. Provides management and coordination of construction and maintenance projects as assigned.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leadership of the various functions within the facilities operations as assigned, and directly supervises one (1) Exempt Manager, one (1) full-time S&M, one to two (1-2) full-time ProTech, one (1) Admin Support, and various contractors, as needed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Three (3) years of facilities management experience in an organization of similar size.
3. At least one (1) year of supervisory experience (can be concurrent with #2).
4. Knowledge of CMMS data retrieval and management, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of complex information, including statistical analysis.
5. Background must include strong analytical and documentation skills; attention to detail; experience assembling and presenting complex quantitative information in a format that communicates effectively to managers and non-technical personnel.
6. Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
7. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and willingness to work as part of a dynamic service-oriented team.
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks and function independently while being flexible and adaptable.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Experience in recommending, documenting and implementing policies and procedures.
11. Ability to organize, prioritize and manage projects.
12. Basic knowledge and understanding of community college business operations necessary in order to understand and prioritize tasks.
13. Demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
14. Willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to meet the needs of our customers and achieve departmental goals, to include working outside of the standard office hours and weekends.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
1. Master’s degree.
2. Experience working for a college or university.
3. Experience working within a unionized environment.
4. Experience in public sector as it relates to procurement policies and procedures.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
1. With or without accommodation, the employee in this position needs to move about inside the office and about campus less than one-third of the time.
2. It is necessary to be able to remain stationary over two-thirds of the time.
3. Requires the ability to communicate frequently with others.
4. Occasionally moves supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds short distances.
5. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
This is a full-time, exempt managerial position. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accommodate participation in events, meetings and to support the operations of the college
For Detailed Job Description Click HereJob Description
Degree must be conferred by time of offer.
Visa sponsorship is not available.
Selected candidates must submit to a drug test and criminal background check.
Application DeadlineSeptember 2, 2019
Additional Application Deadline Information
The College reserves the right to extend the application deadline or reopen the search if a sufficient pool is not established. Notice of such a decision will be indicated in the posting.
Equal Opportunity Statement
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran’s status, age, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.