Assistant Technical, Master Electrician
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 08/22/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAssistant Technical, Master Electrician
DepartmentAuxiliary Services and Event Management
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$51,851-$57,036/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Master Electrician (reports to the Technical Director and the Center for Performing Arts Operations Manager) Assist faculty and students in the electrics shop and. Responsible for safe operations in the electrics shop and primary crew chief during the hang, focus, and programming of lighting for live events. The Assistant Technical Director- Electrics also supervises all events electrics operations as well as being the supervisor of all programming of electrics.
- A minimum of 5 years (or 2 years with an AA or above) of experience working in a professional Electrics Shop.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Maintenance of the lighting equipment including consoles.
- Supervision of students during academic light hanging, focus, and programming as well as entertainment technology lab, and live entertainment spaces.
- Ensure that outside events/rental are adhering to best practices in safe operations.
- Supervise all load-in/load-out functions in the facility.
- Supervise On-Call technicians in electrics and insure that all On Call are qualified in the area in which they are assigned.
- Primary Safety Supervisor for all live events electrics operations.
- Maintaining the House lighting plot and resetting the venue after the completion of events.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Technical Director or the Operations Manager.
- Must be able to work weekends. The work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written standard English.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledNo