Women's Basketball Adjunct Head Coach
- Los Rios Community College District
- Location: Sacramento, California
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 08/26/2019
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Posting TitleWomen's Basketball Adjunct Head Coach
LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education – students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university – and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District’s 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 80,000 students are enrolled in our colleges.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor’s office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
The adjunct head coach will report directly to the Dean of Kinesiology, Health, and Athletics, and Athletic Director. The adjunct head coach shall be responsible for the following: teaching and coaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The adjunct coaching assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in:
● Pre-season conditioning for women’s basketball
● Off-season conditioning for women’s basketball
● Intercollegiate women’s basketball
Teaching assignment may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
The adjunct head coach’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Planning and executing practice
● Ongoing recruiting
● Coaching and overseeing of all games
● Scheduling athletic contests
● Arranging transportation
● Preparing budgets
● Purchasing uniforms, equipment, and supplies
● Ensuring athletes’ ongoing eligibility
● Working collaboratively with the athletic faculty, staff, and administration
● Initiating and participating in fundraising activities
● Participating in the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) compliance in-service training and passing the compliance exam
● Enforcing district, college, and CCCAA rules and student requirements
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution completed by May 30, 2017, in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education; OR, a bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a master’s degree in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration, or Physical Therapy; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District adjunct faculty posting are requested to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application (required).
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae (recommended).
4. Two letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
SalaryPlease see LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Assistant Professor and coaching Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.