Nursing Instructor, Full-Time (Two positions)
Faculty Full Time Tenure Track
Number of Months Assignment
Dependent upon academic background and educational experience. Please visit our website at http://www.riohondo.edu/hr/hr-documents/ to see the faculty salary schedule.
Health Sciences and Nursing (Dept)
Rio Hondo College is seeking to fill two Full-Time Tenure Track District positions. The teaching assignment will include teaching in Nursing and may include theory and/or clinical instruction in the Associate Degree Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Health Science courses as well as responsibilities as part of the larger college setting. The assignment may include evening and/or weekend classes.
This position requires strong clinical and classroom teaching skills in medical/surgical/gerontology nursing and one of the following specialty areas: obstetrics, pediatrics nursing. Applicants must be eligible for approval to teach nursing in medical/surgical nursing and their specialty area, from the Board of Registered Nursing and BVNPT.
Hold a current California Registered Nurse License AND one year of full-time employment as a Registered Nurse
Master’s in nursing
Demonstrated knowledge of specific discipline; knowledge of instructional needs of community college students
Ability to relate well with peers and other co-workers; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to be flexible in a changing environment
Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Under general direction: Instruct students in the assigned discipline • Develop curricula, instructional methodology, strategies • Advise students in both group and individual contacts • Assist students in improving time management and learning skills • Participate in institutional activities including but not limited to flex and staff development • Perform peer reviews as required in the association contract • Participate in other contractually required activities • Meet regularly with discipline/division peers • Provide support for discipline/division recruitment, research and development • Participate on institutional committees and activities • Work towards continuous personal growth and development • Perform other duties as directed or specified by Board Policy, California Education Code, or Faculty Association contract.
Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an Evaluation Service prior to the closing date. Certification must be attached with copies of transcripts.
Applications are currently being accepted for Nursing Instructor. This is a Full-Time, 10 month, Tenure-Track Position.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PT on the closing date.
Applicants must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed.
- Rio Hondo College online application (which includes supplemental questions)
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Complete transcripts of all colleges/university studies, including degree earned (copies will be accepted) NOTE: Transcripts from multiples colleges/universities may need to be scanned as one document, then uploaded.
- Transcripts must include degree awarded and confer date (please circle conferral date on transcripts). Transcripts without this information and online applications without transcripts will be disqualified.
- Copy of RN License
- PAPER APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS SENT VIA MAIL, FAX, OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- NOTE THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE, INCLUDING INTERVIEW INVITATIONS, WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires the District obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
- Successful candidate is responsible for verifying all prior work experience and providing all academic transcripts for purposes of salary placement.
- As a condition of employment, the selected applicant must provide a set of fingerprints (at the applicant’s expense) taken by an official LiveScan agency.
- Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial employment (The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment).
- For positions requiring a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurability is required.
- Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and require accommodations for completing the application process, testing (if required for position), or the interview, please notify the Human Resources Office.
- A copy of this announcement will be provided in Braille to visually impaired applicants upon request.
Commitment to Diversity
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Cancel RTF Policy
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
Rio Hondo College is committed to employing qualified administrators, faculty and staff members who are dedicated to student success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates.