The Music Adjunct instructor will teach courses in his/her discipline area as assigned by the Department Chairperson, with the approval of the Dean of Arts & Sciences, Associate Vice President for Instruction, and Vice President for Instruction and Student Services.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach assigned courses in your discipline by preparing lecture and music studio materials and activities, which result in demonstrated student achievement.
2. Develop, evaluate and revise course objectives and syllabi to ensure instructional quality.
3. Make every effort to provide a safe learning environment for the students and be responsible for the security of equipment, materials, and classrooms.
4. Provide students with timely evaluation of their progress and with educational assistance within assigned courses including tutoring, referral to available student support services, and by acting as an educational resource for students.
5. Provide timely and accurate information and/or reports throughout the semester and at the end of each semester to the Registration Office and departmental office. (This includes final exam and course grades, grade records, attendance records grade distributions, copies of final exams, competency analysis, etc.)
6. Conduct analyses and reports on course based, general education and/or other assessments as needed for Institutional Effectiveness process.
7. Keep current with changes and advances in the fields of music, technology, and pedagogy and incorporate these into the appropriate teaching areas.
8. Follow the proper procedures for requisitioning textbooks, instructional supplies, expendable supplies, and travel requisitions and reports.
9. Substitute for colleagues when necessary.
10. Follow the approved academic calendar and exam schedules.
11. Participate in the procedures of evaluation of courses by students and by supervisors.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the College President, Vice President for Instruction and Student Services, Associate Vice President for Instruction, Dean of Arts and Sciences, or Department Chairperson.
Position Reports To
Master’s degree as defined by SACS criteria, appropriate for the level of courses to be taught.
Two years teaching at high school or college.
Certificates/Licenses and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledgeable in field of teaching, committed to the academic progress of the students.
Walking, standing, lifting, carrying. and bending.
Required to lift items weighing 50 pounds due to possible music studio requirements.
Department Chair, Dean of Arts & Sciences, Associate Vice President for Instruction, and/or the Vice-President for Instruction and Student Services.
Inside work in a well-lighted and air conditioned area most of the time.
Outside will be exposed to all types of weather, noise, and vibration from equipment.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please ensure that you remove/hide all personal information from any attachments that you upload into the system. This includes social security number and date of birth.
Requesting hiring departments will have access to your application and will contact you directly with specific job details should a position become available.